Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Obama prepares to revive tax cut debate -- for now and 2012

Obama wanted to extend those tax cuts for the middle class, but not for the wealthy -- defined as individuals who make more than $200,000 a year and couples who make more than $250,000.

I certainly believe the "wealthy" should be paying more taxes. But,.....does anyone here truly believe that a person is considered "wealthy", in this day and age.... if they are making more than 200K a year as a single person, and 250K as a married couple???

I certainly don't. I would consider "wealthy", to be people makin over ....like 750K to a million a year. THAT would be wealthy to me.

Does anybody think 200-250K is "Rich"? How the hell did democrats and barry come up with this number??
    Personally I think being rich is a "frame of mind." In monetary terms $1 million + would be rich, with $250,000 considered upper class. Where you live would also play a part. Living in NYC, Chicago or LA and making the same as somebody from what is considered "rural" areas would affect how far your $ goes. FYI- 47% of the population make 25k or less, 28% make 25k-50k, 13% make 50k-75K and 5% 75K-100K. That leaves 7% making more than a 100K. As far as ULTRA RICH 500M+ a little over 175,000 people hit this level. The bottom line is, 75% of the population makes 50K or less.
    Last edited by wudwoker51; 04-13-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Well....barry's big speech, was nothing but the same song and dance. Absolutely Nothing new. Get ready for "round 2".

Hell, even Joe can't stay awake durin this bullshit..

Biden taking Obama’s deficit speech about as seriously as the rest of us

http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/...as-big-speech/
    He's looking down Swamp, not sleeping! See the guy to the left? F#*k with him you'll end up in Lake Michigan.

So...cordin to you...them that make a GROSS of over 250K...are "Rich" huh.

"canadian" thinkin, dudley.
    I can say this......I'm not rich!

I would say any one making 200k is rich.

Well if an individual making 200k a year is not rich in the USA, you must be living in a poor country.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Well if an individual making 200k a year is not rich in the USA, you must be living in a poor country.
    I'm comfortable.....................

200,000k is definitely "rich!" I guess I'm Canadian?

Default Taxes

Listened to Pres. Obama plan for deficit reduction and also the plan by the Republican'ts presented by Paul RUIN. Where the president is basically following the plan suggested by the bipartisan committee he formed last year that slashes all areas of the budget and changes the tax code, Ruins plan is the same shit different day. It's as plain as the ASS ON A GOAT what the Republican'ts (lead by corporate cronies like RUIN) are all about. Tax cuts for the wealthy while cutting programs that help seniors and the poor. WHAT A BUNCH OF LOWLIFE MF'ers.

If CL facts are correct & I have no reason to think they are not, & only 2% of Americans make over 250 k & we in the west are among the richest people in the world I would still have to say an individual making 200k a year is rich. I know I make know where near that much money & I have everything I need & most things I want.

Default The Hogs?

Featured Sponsorr

States Receiving Most in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:
    1. D.C. ($6.17)
    2. North Dakota ($2.03)
    3. New Mexico ($1.89)
    4. Mississippi ($1.84)
    5. Alaska ($1.82)
    6. West Virginia ($1.74)
    7. Montana ($1.64)
    8. Alabama ($1.61)
    9. South Dakota ($1.59)
    10. Arkansas ($1.53
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The irony of it. With one exception, the rest are Publicker whiners.