Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

I believe the troublemen should make more as well. Most people dont understand the hours they put in. Working alone even in the worst neighborhoods. Maxing out on hours and having to take 8 and sometimes going past that. It takes a rare breed to do it 24/7 like they do, and most really bust their ass. Most linemen gripe on call but imagine doing it EVERY week instead of one weekend a month.

Cool Troubleman

I believe there are different levels of trouble man in the industry, in my case we start out going through 2 years of additional training to get a trouble job. We also work rotating shifts and have 24hr on duty coverage 365 days a year. We do all the company owned and customer owned substation switching when it is needed. We do all the switching for ATC, "American Transmission Company" as well. We have a large network system that we also do all the switching for. We also have to do our regular work, light out calls, light flickers,station inspections,feeder patrols,and wire down calls or hazards that come in all day long.We dont have the option to sit in the garage when it rains like the line crews do! We are one man crews that climb alone and sometimes make million dollar decissions at the drop of a hat, and if the wrong decission is made were held responsible and are most likely going to get written up or get days off.I was a lineman and lead lineman, that was a lot less stressful than being a TS but i would never go back! Everyday line work became boring to me!! there is never a dull moment in the trouble dept!! this is why we make more money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midwesttroubleman View Post
    We are one man crews that climb alone and sometimes make million dollar decissions at the drop of a hat, and if the wrong decission is made were held responsible

We would love to hear about all of the million dollar decisions you have made, mighty one!

HP, It's easy to sit back on you little computer and judge someone when you have never walked in there shoes.If I would not have shared my political views in the EAYOR you would not have made those comments..

No really, Lets here some... You see some of us are starting to wonder if you are who you say you are?

TG, you'd think another real T Man would be right in here to compare notes..

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    TG, you'd think another real T Man would be right in here to compare notes..
    I hear ya HD, I was kinda hoping to compare work practices

Swamp, just cause someone says he;s this or that online dosen't mean its true. Don't be so quick to believe something just because you want it to be true.

Default Your right Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I hear ya. I don't "want it to be true". He just sure as hell sounds like an honest man to me....and a troubleman.
    I Know this Midwesttroubleshooter, and it's a fact his Rodeo team is podium material. They had to enter as contractors because our Utility was no longer interested in spending the cash on setting up and sending a team/s so they got together by themselves, with backing from their Union and private help and went to Kansas as Contractors. Their Apprentice took first and the Jouneymen came in second. All their practice was outside company time with their own expenses. IMO they still represented our guys just not our company. They were made up of Troubleshooters and Linemen. Our company used to send three teams. . . They were on those teams also in the past.

Now as with all Linemen and Troubleshooters their pride gets infront of them as I'm sure happens with any of us on here, so this young ladd may have used the term "Millions of dollars in decissions" a bit liberally. . .never the less I know he's a good man and good Troubleshooter and he is called upon routinely to decide a lot of things on the spot as the job calls for, which is the nature of being a Troubleshooter. He can get r done

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I Know this Midwesttroubleshooter, and it's a fact his Rodeo team is podium material. They had to enter as contractors because our Utility was no longer interested in spending the cash on setting up and sending a team/s so they got together by themselves, with backing from their Union and private help and went to Kansas as Contractors. Their Apprentice took first and the Jouneymen came in second. All their practice was outside company time with their own expenses. IMO they still represented our guys just not our company. They were made up of Troubleshooters and Linemen. Our company used to send three teams. . . They were on those teams also in the past.

Now as with all Linemen and Troubleshooters their pride gets infront of them as I'm sure happens with any of us on here, so this young ladd may have used the term "Millions of dollars in decissions" a bit liberally. . .never the less I know he's a good man and good Troubleshooter and he is called upon routinely to decide a lot of things on the spot as the job calls for, which is the nature of being a Troubleshooter. He can get r done
    Very well put!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!