Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    Where I am at it used to be the older guys in the troublemen jobs and they made the same thing as a line crew foreman, nowadays those guys have all long since retired and today the pay is the same as any other lineman on the linecrew and the only ones who bid the jobs are the ones who can't cut it on the linecrews, put them in their gloves all day re-conductoring or in their tools on rear lot jobs and they will be in the office letting the GF know what an asset they would be on the trouble truck, it is what it is.
    Another one of those perks in a right to work state.....
    All falls are preventable.....

Where I am at it used to be the older guys in the troublemen jobs and they made the same thing as a line crew foreman, nowadays those guys have all long since retired and today the pay is the same as any other lineman on the linecrew and the only ones who bid the jobs are the ones who can't cut it on the linecrews, put them in their gloves all day re-conductoring or in their tools on rear lot jobs and they will be in the office letting the GF know what an asset they would be on the trouble truck, it is what it is.
    So....................what your saying is...............................most T-men couldn't suk it day in and day out in the tools?
    Bull Sh!t !
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    So....................what your saying is...............................most T-men couldn't suk it day in and day out in the tools?
    Bull Sh!t !
    Nope not what I was saying at all, I'm sure a lot of places still promote their older lineman into these slots and I am sure most of them are jam up hands, what I said was where I work all those guys are gone and the majority of the people who put in for the trouble truck are the people who can't make it on the crew, ie the last one to get his tools out or the one who always has something else to do when there is a bad pole to change and the list goes on and on, and that is no bullsh#t (QUOTE) I am sure it is not the same everywhere you go.

Nope not what I was saying at all, I'm sure a lot of places still promote their older lineman into these slots and I am sure most of them are jam up hands, what I said was where I work all those guys are gone and the majority of the people who put in for the trouble truck are the people who can't make it on the crew, ie the last one to get his tools out or the one who always has something else to do when there is a bad pole to change and the list goes on and on, and that is no bullsh#t (QUOTE) I am sure it is not the same everywhere you go.
    Yeah OK I see what your sayin. I think it was like that years ago at my place too but with all the new duties of a T-man now the duds don't bid it anymore!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Default Troublemen.

Why so many of them wear a rainbow sticker on their hat? What's that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wtdoor67 View Post
    Why so many of them wear a rainbow sticker on their hat? What's that mean?
    Must be because us, (and the rats of course), are the only ones working out in the rain to see the rainbows!
    All falls are preventable.....

There must be something to it... I mean even Boom Boom has said himself he's gone soft>>>???

Maybe it's his 12 pack cushion??

Troubleman $34.47
    Journeyman $32.64
    Serviceman $32.64

Troublemen work rotating 8 hour shifts, Journeymen work 8 hour set schedule shift.

Servicemen anymore only exist in non-metro, they work both trouble and service work.

I think the trouble guys got it made depending on if you like shift work...from what I understand they rarely get any callout pay.

Default Limp wristed dudes.

Most of them I knew were a bunch of girly boys.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Troubleman $34.47
    Journeyman $32.64
    Serviceman $32.64

Troublemen work rotating 8 hour shifts, Journeymen work 8 hour set schedule shift.

Servicemen anymore only exist in non-metro, they work both trouble and service work.

I think the trouble guys got it made depending on if you like shift work...from what I understand they rarely get any callout pay.
    This is what I am trying to say! We are non-metro, we already have a service truck, there won't be rotating shifts for the troublemen position, they won't be asigned anything that isn't already covered by the existing serviceman position, but they are going to pay them more? And, sorry but I'll bet the ones that get the jobs will be the worthless linehands that don't get along with the crews. Squeeky wheel gets the grease?