Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: troubleshooter

1. Angry troubleshooter thrown from bucket nj

Featured Sponsor

A pseg troubleshooter was thrown out of his bucket on Monday He broke his leg in 2 places and his pelvis,also broke 3 virtabrate Co. is doing thair investagation and is pretty closed lip right now. This is only 6 months after we lost a troubleman to the same type of accident. I hope my fellow brothers will start to buckle up.
    Last edited by ts94; 05-04-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Default ts94

You got anymore details you can give out like the type of truck. Liftall Altec squirt or elbow. And are you guys using waist belts or a full body harness?

3. Default

Both of these accidents happened with 2 different trucks, I'll try to find out wich ones when I go in tonight, The first one got hung up in a tree, the tree branch broke and slung the man out. No Harrness on, as for the second the co. is not saying anything and I don't want to speculate. We are supposed to be wareing a body harrness

4. Default

One truck was a High Ranger the other was Altec. Bottom line a harness may have saved a lot of tears. Lets all send a prayer out to Mark tonight

Blog Entries

Jeez, 2 guys basically the same accident, what a shame. Prayers for him and his family. I work at the adjacent utility...wonder why we havent heard of this one.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Seems like we need to say prayers that people start following safety rules, and that companies start holding people accountable if they dont follow them.

SaltyNJ Guest

The company holds the wrong people accountable. They screw the wrong guys just like the last time this happened, an innocent TS got bent over. Poor guy got a final for doing nothing wrong. The company had no proof but still humped the guy. The Union really showed their solidarity and strength on that one. NOT ! They are on the hunt for someone right now. I will still say a prayer for him and his family though.
    Last edited by SaltyNJ; 05-13-2006 at 09:26 AM.

We don't know all that happened in this case, but if we know the employee was not wearing a harness as is required, discipline would be the right thing to do.

SaltyNJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter
    We don't know all that happened in this case, but if we know the employee was not wearing a harness as is required, discipline would be the right thing to do.
    You may not know what happened but some of us do. Every uncomfortable detail including why trucks are getting GPS alot sooner than previously thought.
    Last edited by SaltyNJ; 05-13-2006 at 09:28 AM.

EnlightenedRogue Guest

Lightbulb Let investigation run it's course

Featured Sponsorr

And besides maybe some junior members should remember to keep their mouths shut. A lost art.