Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hookah Pipe

Default Hookah Pipe

Featured Sponsor

I went into my usual smoke shop after work tonite to pick up my "smokes" and I was walking out and this beautiful(what I thought was a well, how do I put it politely?" BONG caught my eye....So me, being the chatty Kathy that I am.....said to the clerk.......wow.....that is a beautiful bong. She got a half a smile on her face and said, "It is not a bong, It is a Hookah pipe." I laughed out loud and said.....no matter what it is called these days, it is a bong to me."

Well anyway this thing was gorgeous.....$70 and two smoking tubes to accomodate 2 smokers at a time......and underneath it were all these little tins of flavored tobacco........cherry, strawberry, vanilla, grape, etc.....and on them it said "Hookah tobacco" and then there was a packet of charcoals to put on top of the tobacco to keep it lit. She then told me that there are "Hookah bars" popping up all over.....ya go and have a cocktail and a communal smoke. So my question, just out of curiosity, is has anyone tried any of this "hookah tobacco"......I really liked the bong....pipe.... whatever ya wanna call the thing.......It really was beautiful and exotic looking.....a great conversation piece in my opinion......but i gotta wonder what strawberry tobacco would taste like.....I love the smell of pipe smoke......yummmm

I was young and crazy in the late 70s and early 80s so to me.....it is just a bong with a fancy name.......and some fancy tobacco to go in it......I just wonder though how many people who have one, smoke the flavored tobaccy in it?
    Last edited by electriklady; 09-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

so they are Turkish in origin? The clerk said some of the "good" tobaccos actually had bits of dried fruit in it...........very interesting..........like I said....I just thought the Pipe was gorgeous.....

Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Funny you bring this up... My buddy who is in the elevator union has a hookah and smokes "sisha" (sp) out of it. I have tried some of the flavors and found it much better than cigars. Pretty cool. Yes the tobacco is strong but if you smoke it like a cigar, only inhaling a little bit at a time, it is quite similar. Just tastes much better in my opinion.
    Transmission Line Clearance
    Phoenix Arizona

I had never heard of one nor seen one.....living here in "Hooterville" I am a little behind the times........

Like I said cept for the "tubes" it looks like a bong of past days
    Abraham Lincoln

Smoking must be an affliction that affects the weak minded... I've tryed it several times and could never get past the fact that it tasted like some one just took a crap in my mouth.... maybe some people like that??? either way I believe that those with the affliction are of weak mind.

It has no beneficail values to your life, it makes you smell bad and most people these days are rather adimit about peoploe NOT smoking around them. So all in all... it's a no win deal.

Keep baiting asshole!.....It couldnt be that some like to smoke, could it? Somewhat like people who like to "tip the bottle"..........or people who like "sushi" or people who like to "bungie jump" or people that handle poisonous snakes......doing something they like......if my mind ever gets as weak as yours I hope they put me out of my misery.

Please try and pretend to play innocent, and proclaim your desire to be "civil" to the members on here that you dont like.....none of us see through it.

Jackass

ps....maybe it is your nasty tongue that tastes like someone took a crap in your mouth, and it had nothing to do with tobacco.
    Abraham Lincoln

Ease up? The man has done nothing but insult and attact anyone on here he doesnt like, and now with the formation of the board he is "playing like he is a changed man".....a man so full of hatred doesnt change in a matter of weeks.....most never change......so I started a thread......totally non confrontational......about a different thing I learned today and he has to make a comment on people who smoke being "weak minded"........if you dont see that for the insult that it is and to whom is is directed, you must be blind.

I know what smoking is, and does.....and guess what it is nasty, unhealthy, etc but I enjoy it......I like the taste.....and I am an adult....so if I choose to spend my hard earned money on cigarettes, and smoke considerately, and enjoy it..........doesnt make me or anyone else who smokes and enjoys it any less of a person than any other person who does things that are not considered "cool" by mainstream society.

So don't tell me to "ease up".....like I am bitching about nothing........when he quits following me around and making his "sly" little "digs" and "grows up" then I will "ease up." Just because I am on the board doesnt mean I will sit by and let him "bait" in his obvious stupid way and sit silent....didnt happen when I wasnt on the board and wont happen now.
    Abraham Lincoln

I quit smoking in 91. I would smoke a cigar on a special occasion, maybe once or twice a year! About 2 years ago a lineman of mine smoked cloves. I asked to try one. Guess what? I'm hooked on those Fn cloves now!! Hows that for being a Moron?

Default My daughter bought one in Turkey

The middle child youngest daughter has done a lot of traveling. She bought one in Turkey. She, like me is a runner so she doen't smoke it often. I've had some raspberry and peach shisha. Not sure if that is the right spelling on the tobacco. I was in Madison for some training a couple years ago. There is no smoking in the bars there but there was a hookah bar. Their shisha was only made of fruit pulp so it was legal.

Not sure how old everyone is, but my first memory of a hooka pipe is from Alice and Wonderland. The caterpillar was smoking one.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by electriklady View Post
    Ease up? The man has done nothing but insult and attact anyone on here he doesnt like, and now with the formation of the board he is "playing like he is a changed man".....a man so full of hatred doesnt change in a matter of weeks.....most never change......so I started a thread......totally non confrontational......about a different thing I learned today and he has to make a comment on people who smoke being "weak minded"........if you dont see that for the insult that it is and to whom is is directed, you must be blind.

I know what smoking is, and does.....and guess what it is nasty, unhealthy, etc but I enjoy it......I like the taste.....and I am an adult....so if I choose to spend my hard earned money on cigarettes, and smoke considerately, and enjoy it..........doesnt make me or anyone else who smokes and enjoys it any less of a person than any other person who does things that are not considered "cool" by mainstream society.

So don't tell me to "ease up".....like I am bitching about nothing........when he quits following me around and making his "sly" little "digs" and "grows up" then I will "ease up." Just because I am on the board doesnt mean I will sit by and let him "bait" in his obvious stupid way and sit silent....didnt happen when I wasnt on the board and wont happen now.
    That's your opinion.... you're welcome to it.

You don't have to get so personal with your posts.... I was talking to swamp... trying to get him to quit smoking... he is after all my friend.