Thread: storm chasers

1. Default storm chasers

Featured Sponsor

anyone out there got any info on union companies i could try to hook up with.to strictly do storm restoration.gone from 20 on our dock to 6 and wanna leave before somebody gets killed.or i get divorced.

Cool storm work,,,,

Storms sure ain't no way to avoid a divorce,,,,you jumping everytime the phone rings, ,,trying to find plane tickets last minute or all the guys calling all hours of the night when the weathers bad,tryn to jump from one contractor to another because of wages or new trucks,,the fact she knows your sleepn in the cab of the bucket at some truckstop or haven't showered or eat'n for two days,,or wondering if you have a warm jacket ora rain slicker,,,,stay home and get a PUKE job make her happy by being home everynight.
    P.S. If you do go,,look up BBC or Extreme or BSJ,,worked for them all on one storm or another.

3. Default

thanks for the tips e.s. will take it all into consideration.

Ummmmmmmm My advice iz storm chasin iz fera single guy, that lives in an apartment complex ,n has nothin more than a truck note n sum rent to be bothered wif.I've seen those guys make the same money in 6 months as a man holding down a regular job does all year But when you factor in the lawyers fees for a divorce and splitting your assets tween you n her, I aint so sure itz werf it.If you are in a position to, just make one or two good uns a year, build up yer cash reserve n stay home.Sleepin in the cab of a truck or a motel gets real old real quick.If theres kids involved you aint holdin up your end of the deal and it wont take her long to figure that out.Try n remember you do linework in order to exist, not to exist in order to do linework.

5. Default

thanks for the info.guess it's not exactly as good as i have heard.I was hearing stories of guys making 8 to 9 grand a week . i'm pretty sure it's possible in fact i did it my self when my company was shipped to ny couple years ago. sounds like relying on it for a steady income may not be a good idea.thought if I could make a years salary in 3 or 4 months it might be worth it. probably more family time than less if I could compact it all into a few months rather than drag it on through the whole year .as I said we have lost a lot of men that havent been replaced and when your one of the few guys left that answers the phone u all know what that adds up to.

Featured Sponsorr

yeah aint it great what scab contractors have done to our trade. Even the tramps cant find work anymore. What you get for voting for union hating republicans. If swamp gets his wish well all be working for $15.00 an hour.