Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Verizon

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    In one breath you say you are not making a decent wage.... and in the next you are thanking the union for the decent wage you earn... I don't follow.

So you said there is absolutely no training involved in your position??

So that would lead me to believe your pay scale should be comensorate with that of a general laborer, McDonalds or a grocery store bagger... although there is some training involved with these jobs they are still fairly menial tasks.

With that being said the typical salary for a meter reader starts out at 35,000.00 dollars a year plus benefits... that sounds pretty damned decent to me... for not having to have any type of brain function.

I thought baiting was to go to EAYOR?

Quote Originally Posted by heelwinch View Post
    In one breath you say you are not making a decent wage.... and in the next you are thanking the union for the decent wage you earn... I don't follow.

So you said there is absolutely no training involved in your position??

So that would lead me to believe your pay scale should be comensorate with that of a general laborer, McDonalds or a grocery store bagger... although there is some training involved with these jobs they are still fairly menial tasks.

With that being said the typical salary for a meter reader starts out at 35,000.00 dollars a year plus benefits... that sounds pretty damned decent to me... for not having to have any type of brain function.
    No you don't follow....I said I EARN decent money vs your insinuation that it is given to me for nothing.

3 days in an office to make sure I was capable of reading numbers off an electric meter(duh), and out in the field....already knew how to deal with customers...common sense. Drunks are far more difficult customers than a utility customer.

For the 20th time I am no longer a meter reader, I am a meter tester
    And my pay scale is just under a journeyman linemans. I earn every penny that I receive, I do my job and I do it well.....that being stated by my superiors IN MANAGEMENT...I tested to get the entrance level into this dept and all subsequent advancements, and I scored VERY highly...with no initial training. So if you are trying to slam me, give me a rest. I also worked my ass off as a meter reader, I worked in rain, snow, ice, pissed in the woods, got bitten by dogs, froze my ass off, sweated my ass off, waded thru snow to my waist, got stung by bees, walked up to 12 miles a day on days when it was tough to even get out of bed. I don't know many grocery baggers or burger flippers that go thru that kind of stuff on a daily basis for 16 years, so take your bashing and save it for someone who really cares what you think, oh high and mighty heel winch

I just spent 9 days on storm working hand in hand with linemen and electrical equipment guys and treetrimmers all over 2 states, they respected me from the start, and don't begrudge me the money I EARN.......thanks to MY UNION to bargain for my pay and my ability to do my job and keep my job for23 years.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by electriklady View Post
    No you don't follow....I said I EARN decent money vs your insinuation that it is given to me for nothing.

3 days in an office to make sure I was capable of reading numbers off an electric meter(duh), and out in the field....already knew how to deal with customers...common sense. Drunks are far more difficult customers than a utility customer.

For the 20th time I am no longer a meter reader, I am a meter tester
    And my pay scale is just under a journeyman linemans. I earn every penny that I receive, I do my job and I do it well.....that being stated by my superiors IN MANAGEMENT...I tested to get the entrance level into this dept and all subsequent advancements, and I scored VERY highly...with no initial training. So if you are trying to slam me, give me a rest. I also worked my ass off as a meter reader, I worked in rain, snow, ice, pissed in the woods, got bitten by dogs, froze my ass off, sweated my ass off, waded thru snow to my waist, got stung by bees, walked up to 12 miles a day on days when it was tough to even get out of bed. I don't know many grocery baggers or burger flippers that go thru that kind of stuff on a daily basis for 16 years, so take your bashing and save it for someone who really cares what you think, oh high and mighty heel winch

I just spent 9 days on storm working hand in hand with linemen and electrical equipment guys and treetrimmers all over 2 states, they respected me from the start, and don't begrudge me the money I EARN.......thanks to MY UNION to bargain for my pay and my ability to do my job and keep my job for23 years.
    So you make just a little bit lass than a JL, and all you had to do was complete a test for this position... A JL salary would be a minimum of 80K a year plus beneies and OT. A JL spends on average 4 to 5 years with OJT plus hundreds of hours of book work to complete his apprenticeship and carry a JL card. A JL has to limb in excess of 50 ft in the air at any given moment through out his day and deal with thousands of volts of electricity.

Yet you had to none of this to make "just under" a JL's salary, and still call you employer a dirt bag.... interesting.

It took me 4 years to top out in my job.......had to test to get in dept, a test many could not pass.......to even try the job. Shocking huh?

The storm I just worked I and all my co workers were treated very well by the company...for the first time in many many years.....and I would tell the CEO of FE that.....we were impressed with our treatment......I bash when the bashing is deserved, I praise when the praise is deserved. We, until recently were governed by a man who did not know the meaning of treating an employee with respect.....he is GONE.....we now have a man I respect, a man who seems to genuinely respect his employees.......so when have you seen me badmouthing my company in the last year, since the old regime was removed. Post it, and I might believe you are not just trying to start your usual crap with me cause you are a woman hating troll.....otherwise keep trying.....you are truly a little man....thank God there are a lot of BIG men out there that far outnumber the likes of you.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Hey, the guy can't stand me either EL. He calls me a lamp lighter

Yeah, I know Groove.....probably bothers you as much as it bothers me.

I consider the source!
    Abraham Lincoln

Ummmmmmmmm Its purdy sad when a feller thinks that only linemen make a significant contribution to the industry, But it for shure shows his lack of thinking that idea through.I will just bettcha if any job in the field was unnecessary it would have been eliminated long ago by management. Every man and woman employed provides a service that ultimately renders a finished product that is delivered to the final customer and results in payment for that product, which in turn allows everyone to get paid, Stockholders to want to get on the gravie train, and suits to strut around the offices patting themselves on the back( because we all know none of it would have been possible without their divine foresight and keen sense of thrift)

Blog Entries

Take it from where it comes Becky, you know you earned your position, you owe no one an explanation......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

[QUOTE=Swamprat;110754]I was gonna post that Vid, but I knew what would have happened if I had."

Anyone else notice a pattern here? In the hotstickin thread....."I was gonna say that...."

Someone sure is "gonna do" a lot but sure don't?