Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon

Featured Sponsor

lhttp://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf...picketing.html

Things are really getting worked up it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by aviewfrom View Post
    lhttp://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf...picketing.html

Things are really getting worked up it seems.
    I'm in the CWA and I think the language that guy used in front of his daughter is disgusting, I don't see where he has anything to be proud of in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lineman North Florida View Post
    I'm in the CWA and I think the language that guy used in front of his daughter is disgusting, I don't see where he has anything to be proud of in that situation.
    You know I thought the same thing but you had the seeds to post it!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

No place for that kind of language in front of a child.....I know emotions can get carried away in a strike.....but that is a definite NO NO

When we were on strike, I took my grandson to a rally I was speaking at, for the purpose of exposing him to the "fight" he may someday face, but even more so to show him the "brotherhood"........I NEVER had a fear of him being exposed to that kind of language. That being said....I would not take a child to a picket line personally......you cannot control the other actors in a play....so it should be in my opinion, an adults only situation. Emotions run high on both sides.

The CWA members I was with in the photos had many children with them...and acted most appropriate....no foul language, no angry outbursts.......if you cannot control your emotions in such a situation leave the "little ones" at home....and certainly as a strike wears on......tempers and judgement will be stressed and that is NO place for a child. We want them to learn to fight for their rights, but not to be exposed to the ugliness that comes with it........not at that age......
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Default To the wrongly persecuted one.....

first of all you Swamprat would not have posted that video without making some nasty comment alluding to the fact that you think all union members are undesirable and that unions are undesirable.....so be real

second if you HAD posted the video without insulting, bashing, etc...the response would have been the same...... as it is my opinion on the topic.....
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

6. Default

Has anyone been asked to replace A Verizon pole? We were and we refused told them we had to speak to a union representative. Unfortunately this was early last week and as of now we still have not got an answer from any reps. Anyone else in this situation?

Not sure if your a contractor but.....

http://www.ibew.org/articles/11daily...lStatement.htm

Sorry if posting that article has caused any problems. I didn't put it up to try and cast anyone, union or non, in any sort of bad light or to start anything... To me it was showing how tense things have gotten and how people are reacting and thought it was relevant here.

I was more so shocked by the article where CWA had received reports of members being hit or nearly hit by Verizon company vehicles with one person being knocked unconscious.

So, sorry and no harm was intended.

No need to apologize.......We union members do not live in a fantasy world........we realize that all members are not alike.......and that we have some that do things we do not agree with......There are also those of us that know a "strike" is not a party....and tempers flare.....and emotions magnify........It IS a fact.....some do not make good judgements in the "heat of the moment." That being the case....again I state...a picket line would not be a place I would take my kids or grandkids.

To point out the actions of some union members exposed as being selfish, irresponsible etc as being an example of ALL union members is just the agenda of some who highly disapprove of all aspects of "organized labor."

Keep posting......
    Abraham Lincoln

Default aviewfrom

Featured Sponsorr

You just keep posting and asking questions. No need for an apology, no one was offended…good thread!