Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question General Construction Vs. Division

Featured Sponsor

whats the differences between working in division and in general construction.?

Default ???

GC travels around the entire service area,,, Division crews hardly ever leave town.

Quote Originally Posted by electric squirrel View Post
    GC travels around the entire service area,,, Division crews hardly ever leave town.

Thanks. I was offered a DIVISION spot in bakersfield. Im just wondering if that is a good thing or bad.???

Default job

Means you can buy a house in Bako and see it almost every night,,,,have a normal life and maybe a normal relationships and still make a decent living. Other than it's Bakersfield ......

Other than it's Bakersfield ......
    I was gonna say... a relationship with who from there? lol

Means you can buy a house in Bako and see it almost every night,,,,have a normal life and maybe a normal relationships and still make a decent living. Other than it's Bakersfield ......
    That doesnt sound half bad. I mean i wouldnt mind traveling at all but i have a wife and 3yr old daughter so seeing them almost every night rather than once every month sounds great!!! I wonder why they offered me a division job instead of GC.?? I heard thats very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    whats the differences between working in division and in general construction.?
    Do you like to "work" or sleep in the truck?
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Quote Originally Posted by wudwoker51 View Post
    Do you like to "work" or sleep in the truck?
    I want to WORK!!! so what are you saying.? division linemen sleep in their trucks all day.? help me understand a lil better brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerline.Athlete818 View Post
    I want to WORK!!! so what are you saying.? division linemen sleep in their trucks all day.? help me understand a lil better brother.
    Worked on a GC crew in the late nineties and everytime we went to the division yard for material there was always someone sleeping in their truck. Never seen any of them actually working though I'm sure some did (or maybe they didn't.)
    " When character is lost, all is lost "

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by wudwoker51 View Post
    Worked on a GC crew in the late nineties and everytime we went to the division yard for material there was always someone sleeping in their truck. Never seen any of them actually working though I'm sure some did (or maybe they didn't.)
    Well i doubt ima be getting any sleep in inside of a truck... especially when im on a mission 2 PROVE myself. Even if there is absolutely nothing to do i wont be standing around. Pushin a broom all day if i have to.