Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MI-Lineman View Post
    I'd take unlimited unpaid vacation over strict paid vacation any day among a few more things!

I'll second that, especially if you can remain single. You can't put a price on free time.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

born in raised in Ohio, Lineman on the road in California and wherever storms take me

Are you already in the jatc? You said only 4500 more hours but also say if you get into cal nv jatc... Not sure I am following what you are saying. I bought my first 5th wheel as a 3rd step, but when you go through mountain states jatc and home is ohio, you are tramping around in the first place.

NO I work for a contractor...non union. I want to start a union apprenticeship with cal Nevada jatc. I want a fifth wheel so I can take any high $ job union or non union. Most of these are short term and I can't justify quitting the contractor I work for for a 4 month job (even though the $ is way better) . That's why I want opinions o n tramping around...just to see what it's like before I pull the trigger.

Default good luck

with the way work has been the last couple years you would be lucky just to get into a union apprenticeship, let alone just "get on a high $ job". alot of us have been bustin butt just to stay employed. get into a union apprenticeship, top out, then think about tramping wherever you want.

Default Hi, im new to the sight and have a couple traveling questions...

Featured Sponsorr

A little about my experience then a couple questions..
    I worked for 2 different investor owened utilities 24 yrs in NH and 8 yrs in PA I went to line school in 1985 in MN.
    I sold every thing and retired 2 years ago and full time travel in my camper. So im mobile. I miss line work, but don't want full time and chasing storms any more. Question is, is, it possible to just want to go to an area and work a month or 2 and then go back to being retired till I get the itch again???
    I can climb very well and know what to do once up there. Bucket truck. and digger under ground primary and secondary. Ive gloved 2160/3740-19920-34500 before we started gloving 34500 we hotsticked it, so I can hotstick and shoot trouble. so I could fit in a lot of places. Also class A/tractor trailor lic. I can also pass a drug test. I have not done transmition but we had to train for it every year 115kv type.
    The short jobs need to be done by someone and that would be perfect for me, as I wouldn't be taking work from people not retired yet.
    Any help from people that do and have traveled would be great. Thank you. Scott.