Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Answer

Featured Sponsor

They simpley let the weight hang in a bucket of water. ... Simpe ! The viscosity of the water was enough to stop the wind deflect the weight plus the weight itself was protected from the wind by the bucket...... An very thin cotton string less wind resistence.

Default Genius!

Those Egyptians were smart. That's a cool trick....and yes it is very hard to "eyeball" a pole on a steep hillside. It looks plumb until ya get a plumb bob and then you see that you need about 5 pole tops over. Lol

Pretty sure if I pull that trick on my crew, I'd get some pretty funny looks......screw it, I'll just tell boss that's how the ancient Egyptians did it. Jk.

Had a boss who was a bit of a smoker and seriously suggested plumbing the pole from both sides (180) as it could be differtent????

Bren did a little surveying work before being a liney, we use to gently bounce the tip of plumb bob on a flat surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I could, and STILL can "Plum a pole, by just lookin at it. "Windy" or not
    I mean seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post

The plumb I had, and still do, had a transient Weight on it. Pretty heavy sucker. Wind didn't effect it much.

Wonder what the real truth is?

Default have done

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    Well it has got to be real simple. Don't know this one but I know they used a water filled hose to level long structures. Just get both ends of the hose held at the extreme ends of the structure. Water pressure has to be equal at each end. Level is where the water levels out at each end. The structure can be 400 ft long or more and it still works.

Tell us, please do.
    I have answered. Already. Read post.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLineman View Post
    Well it has got to be real simple. Don't know this one but I know they used a water filled hose to level long structures. Just get both ends of the hose held at the extreme ends of the structure. Water pressure has to be equal at each end. Level is where the water levels out at each end. The structure can be 400 ft long or more and it still works.

Tell us, please do.
    A WATER LEVEL!!! I have one about 25' or so long made out of surgical hose! Used it to build my 2 story horse barn. They work really well especially if y use colored water!

Default what a boss

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
    Had a boss who was a bit of a smoker and seriously suggested plumbing the pole from both sides (180) as it could be differtent????

Bren did a little surveying work before being a liney, we use to gently bounce the tip of plumb bob on a flat surface.
    Wow billy,sure that you didnt send that boss to texas,which reminds me,that lake in the background,of brens photo,seems like he said it was some locke,thought i seen 'nesse'in the back-ground,waiting for brens locke ness photos.