Threaded View

Default just a tip 4 you

I know there are times when a troubleshooter or a 1 man crew leaves the customer without finding the problem,its fustrating,not being able to help.Blinking lights are the worst ones,some seem to lead to a neutral problem,and some not.To the naked eye all connections look good,could it be a lug on a transformer?Well some of those that can through you for a loop,only to be close to where you started checking voltage at.Ive found several problem areas inside the breaker box,usually @ the neutral lug inside,and the problem is that the really small rivit that holds it in place is broken.At night the pipe that goes from the meter to the breaker box sometimes will glo,the pipe now serving as the neutral trys to return to the system.Iknow some guys wont go that far and stop at the meter,that your choice,usually a small jumper is a quick fix.Also seen the line wires burn up sometimes in the breaker box,a splice will fix that one,i know,some guys wont splice there.But would you splice there if it were your home?And finally the blinking lights call that goes away as soon as you jump out of the truck,thats everyones favorite,one guy i knew used a blow dryer with leads and hooked it up to the meter jaws ,then he would check voltage,never know what the next guy will rig up.