Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Didn't know the super beast had some digital displays. Mine has analog and one of them don't work. The mega beast I have is brand spankin new. Little bulky but nice. Just got in a time domain reflectometer (radar) for finding high resistance connections.

The adapter for the superbeast is a must to check the return on the neutral.

Really though one can do a lot with a simple hair dryer plugging 5 amps.
    I prefer the analog display, it can show fluctuations much better than a digital display, kind of like the old analog voltmeters versus the new digital ones. Sometimes the numerical display and changing value really doesn't mean anything, but you can pretty much bet your paycheck on a fluctuating meter needle.
    Living my life and loving it!!!

Ummmmm yall prolly already know this but on most of the digital Voltmeters there is also a bar graph at the bottom of the display. That bar graph will move way faster that the digital readout. and help clue you that there may be a prollem somewhere.

Default good tip

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmm yall prolly already know this but on most of the digital Voltmeters there is also a bar graph at the bottom of the display. That bar graph will move way faster that the digital readout. and help clue you that there may be a prollem somewhere.
    ......actually ,i didnt know,,,,,,,,at least I havent seen one........like Tramp said,I too like the analogs better....at least for troubleshooting..........the digitals sometimes show a ground when theres not one...........the analogs show a ground and you can bet it is a ground.