Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Opening Day tommorrow!

Featured Sponsor

I'll be chasing the elusive white tailed deer tomorrow. I'm hoping to make it a quick hunt and spend the rest of the day getting ready for my Quebec hunt. We leave Sunday for a caribou hunt. I'm feeling like a kid about the caribou hunt. The 30-hour drive there may temper that a bit.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    I'll be chasing the elusive white tailed deer tomorrow. I'm hoping to make it a quick hunt and spend the rest of the day getting ready for my Quebec hunt. We leave Sunday for a caribou hunt. I'm feeling like a kid about the caribou hunt. The 30-hour drive there may temper that a bit.
    Not much of a hunter, so I gotta ask!
    I get hunting locally, and I realize it's also for the sport, but don't it get expensive??

Thirty hours on the road, motel/camping, Caribou tag, assuming you get one, what's it gonna cost per pound??

Ummmmmmmm I spect he cud buy a nice fat Cow cut up in tender lil steaks for less, But that aint the way a huntin guys hed werks?

Have fun DH!

Well, I think fishing is an expensive sport! But, I've done hunting in the past too. It's the hunt that gets the fire under ya, not so much the kill. Although venison is pretty tasty to me.

Hotwire, so what sport do you spend your money on?

Default no need for these

Ya won't be needing any of these then DH. We use these to scare the thousands of deer on the roads here. As you drive they emit a high pitched whistle ,in audible to humans . That warns the deer a van is approaching. Saves on "bullbars".
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Oh man. I wish I had that on my cts Bren! Especially when it's foggy. Thus far, I've been fortunate not to hit one!

Default the world is your lobster

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Oh man. I wish I had that on my cts Bren! Especially when it's foggy. Thus far, I've been fortunate not to hit one!
    We've boxes of them so if you an the boss want some pm me your guys address an "our company will supply some". I won't tell them if you don't. Shushhh. My car an my familys cars have them.... They are "as gummy budgies says,,,,,,,, CHEEP". Get ya them for Christmass. . You've only got to worry about DEAF DEER now.
    Last edited by bren guzzi; 11-15-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: adding a bit
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Dang, I'm glad my wife doesn't read this!

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    Not much of a hunter, so I gotta ask!
    I get hunting locally, and I realize it's also for the sport, but don't it get expensive??

Thirty hours on the road, motel/camping, Caribou tag, assuming you get one, what's it gonna cost per pound??
    I'll figure it out when we get back. The caribou hunt will be less than $3000 when done. But I'm hunting with 2 of my brothers, so there is a lot of value in 3 over-50 brothers still hanging out. And none of us play hit-the-ball-in-the woods.

Deer hunting is pretty cheap because I've done it so long that I don't buy new stuff often, and I process my own animals. I'll process the caribou too.

By the way, no bucks today. Saw five deer but no headgear.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

After I hit a deer in July 1995 with our Harley on I-94, I put those things on anything that would go 35 MPH or more, we owned. I even found chrome ones so as not to spoil the ambiance of our bike once it was repaired from smashing into a deer at speed.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    We've boxes of them so if you an the boss want some pm me your guys address an "our company will supply some". I won't tell them if you don't. Shushhh. My car an my familys cars have them.... They are "as gummy budgies says,,,,,,,, CHEEP". Get ya them for Christmass. . You've only got to worry about DEAF DEER now.
    We barter a good bit over here Bren. Answer your PM.