Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kid Guest

Default Forced on weekends

Featured Sponsor

Is anyone else getting forced on the weekends to work 2-10, in anticipation of storms moving in?

Default Put info into profile

Look dude, put some info into your profile and someone might respond to your question! No one knows where your talking about? What state? What continent?

Short-Timer Guest

S-Man is right. What is your complaint ? Scheduling/forcing to cover the weekend is not out of line for any company to do "if" it is done with some thought process; but if your company is laying down some rotten procedures or ridiculous job assignments,,, then you can sound off. Here at Commical Edison, when the so-called smart guys see a beeeeg storm coming, be it on the weekend or during the week, they send guys home, so they can come back in eight hours, or schedule guys to work 16 or more, etc etc,,,,

Talking Workn Our Game

Amen Workn The Big Storm Is What I Live For. Work At 7-11 If Its A Problem For Ya!

kid Guest

My bad, just trying to find out if this is happening in all of fpl's territory, or if it is just a local issue.

Houston, twenty yrs at HL&P then 3 yrs on the road.

In Houston the put guys on the "Heat Crew" during the summer... This is a big crew that works two to eleven and on weekends... each Service Center gets one...
    2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial matters? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! 1Corinthians 6

Question

kid are your lights on weekends , holidays ,service restored during a storm thinkthat happens by itself ?

unionhand Guest

Default Easy switzer

Quote Originally Posted by highlineswitcher
    kid are your lights on weekends , holidays ,service restored during a storm thinkthat happens by itself ?

Easy boy, I think the kid has a legitmate thing here, You spout off about if his lights are on ? Are yours? Did you put them on everytime they were out? I doubt it ! All he's talking about is to watch his kids grow up now and then........possibly shave the next time he see's them.............how do I know, well firsthand ........Do you work for fpl? Probably not.....so now you're talking about an environment you're not in.....you know the old saying about A**holes ...........everyone has one.......fpl needs to hire people.....they cut over 1/3 of thier workforce over the years and never replaced them......Florida is like #1 in America in growth, so boom your mouth in ....OK...the kid knows more than you in this case, also don't even bother to tell me your years in the trade, I'll wipe my ass with that, been there done that......................I am an old UNIONHAND
    Last edited by unionhand; 04-13-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kid
    Is anyone else getting forced on the weekends to work 2-10, in anticipation of storms moving in?
    Kid, what does your Collective Bargaining Agreement say about working those hours on the weekend? Are you on call? Is there a callout procedure? Good question about of FPL's property, companys love to shove something up one area or local's ass before it shoves it up the other areas ass. I know you guys have a System Council,Talk to your Union officers, are they aware of it, did it start in another local first, are you guys the first, ya might wanna warn the other locals of whats comming. Does the company have the contractual right to do it?

Also, I agree with Unionhand 100%, I lived through 2 and a half years of mandatory callouts at the hands of First Energy, couldnt say no, guy in my shop got 2 weeks off for attending a memorial service for his father in law....a member in another local got 2 weeks off...his son had his first Chemo treatment and was violently iLL so the guy couldnt respond...thats the kinda shit that these scumbag companies pull today, dont jump down the kids throat because he has a legitimate question...

igloo you live for the big storm? Good for you, I live to enjoy MY LIFE ON MY TIME because I earned it, you wanna live AT WORK, good for you, but some of us have lives outside of linework....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Uma Guest

Featured Sponsorr

At PEFla they have a crew on weekends.But it is not going to be very effective 4 men work on Saturday 4 work on Sunday,but all 4 only work 5 hours together.2 come in from 0700 till 1730 the other unit comes in from 1130 till 2200. So when that big thunder storm comes the company hits ARCOS and hopes for the best if they need more help.We have a 40% callout quota and thats not very hard to keep so they may or may not get the people they want.PEFla is like every where other company, under staffed and over worked.