Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default who was the best,or who is the best,guitarist

Featured Sponsor

A poll came out about a week ago saying Jimmy hendrix was the best.My opinion,he was really good but he didnt live long enough for me to think he was the best.Country music has had alot of good guitarist,Roy clark comes into mind.Rock has had many good ones too.Theres been lots of good ones,any names that you would vote for?I could name many,but id most likely say Jimmy page.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    A poll came out about a week ago saying Jimmy hendrix was the best.My opinion,he was really good but he didnt live long enough for me to think he was the best.Country music has had alot of good guitarist,Roy clark comes into mind.Rock has had many good ones too.Theres been lots of good ones,any names that you would vote for?I could name many,but id most likely say Jimmy page.
    Stevie Ray Vaughn.............#1

Blog Entries

Very, very tuff for me to give a #1. You're right, Roy Clark is a hell of a player, but thats the hard part, theres players like that all over the place. I'll throw a few players at ya that I listen to and think are among the best, here goes in no certain order:

Duane Allman
    SRV
    Clapton
    Warren Haynes
    Freddy King
    Derek Trucks
    Albert King
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Mark Knopfler

Default your throwing in names

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Very, very tuff for me to give a #1. You're right, Roy Clark is a hell of a player, but thats the hard part, theres players like that all over the place. I'll throw a few players at ya that I listen to and think are among the best, here goes in no certain order:

Duane Allman
    SRV
    Clapton
    Warren Haynes
    Freddy King
    Derek Trucks
    Albert King
    Geez never heard of some of these guys,ill have to do some re-search on these guys.Had a guitar when i was younger,never really learned it.Only if i could have that chance,one more time.

Default ??????????????????

You ain't dead yet! Buy a guitar and get after it.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    My vote goes to Chet Akins

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post

Duane Allman
    SRV
    Clapton
    Warren Haynes
    Freddy King
    Derek Trucks
    Albert King
    I would add Carlos Santana , Jimi Hendrix , and Wes Montgormery .

I'll add Link Wray as a pioneer of many sounds made from a guitar.

Featured Sponsorr

Apparently non of you have ever listened to Larry the Cable Guy???

2nd and 3rd would be Roy Clark and Chet.