Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default jeff beck

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by LAMartin.CVEC View Post
    Any body remember a fella named Jeff Beck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWvK...eature=related

I'm not really a Beatles fan but I've always thought this was one killer cover.

L.A. Martin
    Yes i remember him from back in the 70s,he was considered one of the best,he difinately could play.ill be honest saying that i didnt listen to him much,but it was obvious that he was good.I dont know why he didnt go as far as he could have.He never got the credit that he deserved,Ill never know why.

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    How could I forget the late great Les Paul .

Default thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Backkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I hear Van Halen is getting back together in 20012,spose to have an album in Feb,seen a you tube vid on them,all ill say is time changes everyone.This might be interesting,no doubt they are good,but it wont quite be the same,might be better in some way due to the fact that i never see a good guitarist in the younger generations,dont see what i call good actors anymore on tv.By the way (Orgnizdlbr)I did see the Allmand Brothers at the fillmore east on youtube,1970,good ole days.And even saw a rare vid of a Jimi hendrix solo,he had to be on something,oppps didnt they say that 40 years ago too.

Default Just my two scent

theres a guy by the name of spanky alford he played gospel and so r&b has a good sound, he died i found out about him after he pass i listen to him he makes want to lern how to play, then there is the guys from the AWB (average white band)like there sound and style ,and slash formaly from guns and roses he was bad ass..... a couple to add to the list

Quote Originally Posted by JWIL View Post
    theres a guy by the name of spanky alford he played gospel and so r&b has a good sound, he died i found out about him after he pass i listen to him he makes want to lern how to play, then there is the guys from the AWB (average white band)like there sound and style ,and slash formaly from guns and roses he was bad ass..... a couple to add to the list
    I'm glad you introduced Spanky Alford JWIL. That sound is awesome. I can't find many ytube vids on just him playing, but this one was really nice; The Lord's Prayer. I'd love to hear the Soulful Christmas one. I keep reading about it, but I can't find it.

Thanks JWIL. I've been listening to it for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obXUbSk5VPM

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    A poll came out about a week ago saying Jimmy hendrix was the best.My opinion,he was really good but he didnt live long enough for me to think he was the best.Country music has had alot of good guitarist,Roy clark comes into mind.Rock has had many good ones too.Theres been lots of good ones,any names that you would vote for?I could name many,but id most likely say Jimmy page.

The one and only!!!

My votes go to Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Featured Sponsorr

I think I've mentioned Clapton before. But, I had forgotten all about Santana!