Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default What can I do if anything?

Featured Sponsor

Ive been working on a transmission job in san diego for the last 5 months, we were suppose to get a week off for christmas. we were asked if we stayed and finished a portion of the project we would receive a bonus we agreed and stayed and worked through Christmas,the bonus was taken away the day after Christmas management cited it wouldn't be fair to other crews, they then said we could have 2 weeks off to go be with our family's they reneged on that and now theres a large group of us that have to pay cancellation fees for flights hotels and car rentals not to mention families that are pissed any body got any advice besides dragging up which as an apprentice i cant do is this something our steward should be aware of?

Ummmmm yes the entire group of you need to inform the Job stewart who will in turn inform the local and the business agent will start asking questions of your employer. I seriously doubt that you are gonna get instant releif but neither do I doubt that your employer will be asked for some form of reimbursement.

No one will ever be able to take away the monetary value of the lesson you just learned. They still can get folks to follow them with the old “carrot dangling in front of the mule” trick. So remember this, they can lay you off tomorrow so no need to give them notice of you dragging that job.

wow! That takes the cake for dirty underhanded deals... Like poot said, the grievence process takes awhile. The first step is to file a grievance. Talk to your union steward and he'll get all your names and get the ball rolling.

Your gonna have to eat those cancelation fees ... These things can take over a year to reach a conclusion sometimes.

5. Default

Thanks for the responses most of us are just pissed about our families and the fact that we told em to expect us, also if they didnt offer the bonus or time off we had assumed it was business as usual we would maybe get saturday off and sunday for sure and back to work as usual so (and im new to this line of work) but why offer somethimg you have no intent of following through on? Had they not said or offered anything would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticelineman View Post
    Had they not said or offered anything would have been better.
    Very true and the right attitude. I find it best to just follow the contract and the only thanks I need is that my check is there and good on pay day.

7. Default

On a side note weve been long lining to all the towers were working on doing dead ends and its cool as hell and i still cant believe I get paid to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by apprenticelineman View Post
    On a side note weve been long lining to all the towers were working on doing dead ends and its cool as hell and i still cant believe I get paid to do this.
    And you don’t have a camera phone to post some photos in Hotwire’s Office thread in the Line-work section.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    And you don’t have a camera phone to post some photos in Hotwire’s Office thread in the Line-work section.
    Ill take some tomorrow and post em gonna have to figure out how to post em though.

Featured Sponsorr

PM me and I'll walk you through it...