Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Breathable Fire retardent Clothing

Featured Sponsor

I am looking for feed back on what types of clothing other Utilites or tradesman are wearing in regards to FRP.
    The garments that we wear now do not breathe ,they are basically a rain coat from Rain Pro with pants to match.Put it this way,we just got them to put a fly in it.

Default muskokalineman Welcome...

Good question…it seems like we get offered the cheapest which is cotton treated with chemicals and your right they are hot. Some places want full FR and others just want the outer layer so a man can have a cotton T underneath. I do have a few items of Nomex and it is so much lighter and breaths, but like I said the employer wants the cotton FR. I really think it is because Nomex is twice the price.

Default We use Cintas

Our uniforms are from Cintas, Indura. They get laundered by them every week. We buy fr winter clothing. Bibs, vests, coats and hooded sweatshirts. Out reflective vests are fr and so are our rainsuits.

I know there are some companys making an fr fleece. I haven't heard much about it yet.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

<....delete....>
    Last edited by rcdallas; 01-03-2012 at 11:36 PM.

5. Default Bulwark

cintas does all our FR clothing and they do offer the FR fleece jacket. its made by Bulwark. its not a real heavy jacket so it does not bind you up will doing hot work. we really like it.

Post FR fabric

We have tried several fabrics here. For outer wear, Jackets Coats and Coveralls not much opinion. For shirt and pants our guys prefer Firewear. We have also tried Tecasafe and Indura. The Tecasafe was heavy and scratchy, the Indura was okay feel wise but to get our needed Arc Rating it was heavier weight than the Firewear. Not saying Indura has a lower rating it just wasn't offered in the our desired weight in the catalogs, while the Firewear was offered in the lighter wieght. By the way for our routine work we only need an Arc Rating of 5 cal/cm2.

We have been getting our fr clothing from AGO in London, Ontario. They use that Indura ultra soft material. I find it to be pretty good. The prices are reasonable. Pants and long sleeve shirts run about $55.00 each. Bib overalls about $90.00. The last pants and shirts I got lasted me over 2 years. I keep enough clothes to wear clean everyday. I tried Millworks out of Toronto, but I don't like them that much and they cost more, and the pants I got only lasted about 1 year

I have a polar fleece fr jacket, I love it, but in weather like we have had the last couple of days, I could have used a fr sweatshirt underneath...just couldn't force myself into the carhartt, so dam heavy and movement restricting...hate it, unless I am on the verge of freezing to death.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Ummmm here they only require FR as the outermost garment.FR pants are not required by the utility......... only shirts and must be Long sleeve.
    On the construction side they require FR pants and shirts but the value is not defined so anything with that lil triangle will work.I've seen some threadbare stuff that no one questioned.
    I suspect the requirements are more stringent in most places.

Featured Sponsorr

For us they require everything beyond the underwear to be FR...and they are making fr underwear now....I am hoping that never happens...can you imagine fr underwear?
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln