Default Does anyone else...?

Featured Sponsor

As some of you know I have back problems(due to an auto accident years ago)...It has been a while and decided it is time for a new mattress. Went to a mattress store last night, interested in trying a "memory foam" mattress...They had Tempurpedics and Comfortpedics(Simmons)...I "test drove" both...and settled on the "Comforpedic"...made in Hazleton PA, I must add. It will be delivered next weekend, and am wondering, does anyone else out there have a memory foam mattress and what is your opinion of them. I must say it felt wonderful in the store, but of course that is not like sleeping on it for years...very expensive and hoping it is worth it. Opinions?
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln

Well I bought a "cheap" memory foam mattress I guess 6 years ago or so. They have their advantages no doubt.

1.) Supposed to not have to flip them (will comment on this below)
    2.) Dust mites can not live in the foam (how they can't I dunno)
    3.) The stories of them not moving with someone jumping is true
    4.) They are COMFY as h.ell!!

One thing I did notice about not having to flip them was wrong in this case. Mine wore out in the dead middle of it and when me and my wife lay in it now it wants to sink us in the middle of the mattress. So even though they say you don't have to do anything with it I would (unless it's one that you can change the stiffness, etc.).

I have major spinal problems and suffer big time as well and this bed sleeps excellent and helps keep me in less pain than I would be in if I slept in a regular mattress. Like I said this was a cheap $300 or $350 mattress and it lasted that long. I will buy another one when we finally have enough of this one. I would like to have one you see on t.v. where each side can be changed with the remote (Temper pedic maybe?). I hear that one is excellent as each person can change how firm or soft you want each side.

All in all I think you will enjoy it. Your first few nights will feel like Heaven until you get used to it, but even then it will be a better sleep than you get now.

Hey good to see you!!! I was afraid you drug. I love my pillow top mattress, but I have friends that swear by the magnetic mattress pads.

Quote Originally Posted by electriklady View Post
    As some of you know I have back problems(due to an auto accident years ago)...It has been a while and decided it is time for a new mattress. Went to a mattress store last night, interested in trying a "memory foam" mattress...They had Tempurpedics and Comfortpedics(Simmons)...I "test drove" both...and settled on the "Comforpedic"...made in Hazleton PA, I must add. It will be delivered next weekend, and am wondering, does anyone else out there have a memory foam mattress and what is your opinion of them. I must say it felt wonderful in the store, but of course that is not like sleeping on it for years...very expensive and hoping it is worth it. Opinions?
    I wish I could afford a "Comfortpedics"!
    How you gonna know if someone is sneeking into your bed??

I'm in the market, we have a select comfort (what a joke!) and I was thinkin of the Temper until I heard about the Simmons! People say the Temper takes about 10 minutes for you to sink into and the Simmons doesn't? The only experience with a memory foam I've had is in our trailer we bought this sumer. It has about 6 to 8" foam beds and WOW are they awesome! I usually crawl in there to sleep in good weather when I'm on call!

Memory foam is the way to go I think but of course I thought that when I bought that stupid select comfort bed?

Featured Sponsorr

Hey drifter...arm still bothering me a lot...orthopedic doc this week, hopefully some relief...did a little online surfing...seems the tempupedic molds due to body heat...thus maintaining heat in the mattress, and some complained of a long lived chemical odor from mattress...comfortpedic works off pressure points(to make it mold to your body) and is a next generation kind of memory foam with no odor to it. I did see that the commercial with the woman jumping on the bed and not spilling the glass of wine would be true, it really does not move at all, the foam is so dense.

HWT, I am gonna have to take my chances...for a good nights sleep it will be worth it.

MI....think Comfortpedic, I was thrilled when I found out it was made in PA
    Last edited by electriklady; 01-08-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    Abraham Lincoln