Default apprentice training

Featured Sponsor

Hi,
    I would like to seek employment as an apprentice lineman. Can anyone tell me how much math is required. My knowledge of math is basic with a little algebra. I have taken geometry, but no trigonometry. Does this mean I won't be successful in school? I am not interested in becoming an engineer; just a lineman. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Hi,
    I would like to seek employment as an apprentice lineman. Can anyone tell me how much math is required. My knowledge of math is basic with a little algebra. I have taken geometry, but no trigonometry. Does this mean I won't be successful in school? I am not interested in becoming an engineer; just a lineman. Thank you.
    NOT AT ALL Study hard , ask questions , and listen . Do these things and you have good chance of being sucessful . Jozmo journeyman retired

Default The plus side

The good thing about the math you deal with in your apprenticeship, is that it is applicable to something you can understand. It is not just learning math for the sake of learing it. And remember, apprenticeships are full of people like you. You will learn with others.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Featured Sponsorr

If you can wrap your head around Ohms law, you'll do fine.

Isn't amazing electricity always follows this mathamatical equasion! seriously... ancient greeks, Egyptians, Iranians, ect... have been studying math for thousand of years and the basic laws of simple math hold true for electrical circuits!

Sure some early civalizations expierimented with primitive batteries and static electricity, but the use of electricity has really been a recent development in human civilization.

I've always wondered... Is it just a coincedence that electrons flow in an exact science. And that it can be represented in a perfect mathamatical formula???

A mathamatical system created thousands of years before! Ponder that for a minute or two.