Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I am looking for more information on 2 Fatalitys near Durant Oklahoma

Featured Sponsor

on a 230 Kv powerline trough this outfit.

http://www.gswc.us/company.html

From what I understand a 90 degree angle was mis rigged 100 feet up when it broke loose it cut the basket right off a non insulated crane killing 2 good hands. I was not involved in the tragedy but was let go because of kind of company cluster**** after the tragedy?.

Quote Originally Posted by RadonHuffer View Post
    on a 230 Kv powerline trough this outfit.

http://www.gswc.us/company.html

From what I understand a 90 degree angle was mis rigged 100 feet up when it broke loose it cut the basket right off a non insulated crane killing 2 good hands. I was not involved in the tragedy but was let go because of kind of company cluster**** after the tragedy?.
    we kicked this around extensivly.... here's the link;
    http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/s...ed-in-Oklahoma.

Default We did extensive training about NOT pulling on he side of a deadend wrap.

Just Saying. I was there the day of the accident and not on that crew.

Just Saying. I was there the day of the accident and not on that crew.
    If you did such extensive training than why did this accident happen?

Seriously.... releasing that kind of strain into a deadend wrap that was never designed for hardline, on an angle with workers in the bite? Two men are dead!

Now you lost your job. If I was running that company I'ld fire every last one of you.

Default Dude I have more Questions than answers.

I was on the job 6 days and 2 good hands where dead, The next 2 weeks where safety training and then back to work. When we finished up the backlog several that where not involved where gone, The same old core is still there.

so explain what exactly you job was.

Default I got to assemble towers and ground.

We where grounding structures the day of the accident.

I was hired on as a lineman but it looks like they are keeping heavy equipment operators to fly wire.

I know of one guy that was kept on even though he had never done any kind of line work ever, But Kurt liked him.

I was hired on as a lineman but it looks like they are keeping heavy equipment operators to fly wire.

I know of one guy that was kept on even though he had never done any kind of line work ever, But Kurt liked him.
    all I can say is next time try and find a union outfit to work for. I've never in my life seen a deadend wrap used to hold back a hardline under tension on an angle with workers in the bite.

Maybe your better off not working for that rat outfit. Maybe getting let go saved your life.

Default your shoes

Ive never been around a fatality on any jobsite,although I have almost became one once,Im not here to put anyone down,but I do have a couple of questions concerning your statement that you were hired on as a lineman,,,,,,,,,,I hope you are a lineman,are you saying that they are hiring people that you think are un-qualified...........that seems to be the case lately,that or people that are not actually experienced................I dont know how you feel about what happened but i do know that I wouldnt want to be in your shoes,,,,,,,,,,,,,must be a terrible feeling...................What kind of boss was Kurt?...............and finally ,what is your point of view of that companys attitude towards safety,,,,,,,,did they ever mention it,or was it all about production..............hang in there buddy.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Ive never been around a fatality on any jobsite,although I have almost became one once,Im not here to put anyone down,but I do have a couple of questions concerning your statement that you were hired on as a lineman,,,,,,,,,,I hope you are a lineman,are you saying that they are hiring people that you think are un-qualified...........that seems to be the case lately,that or people that are not actually experienced................I dont know how you feel about what happened but i do know that I wouldnt want to be in your shoes,,,,,,,,,,,,,must be a terrible feeling...................What kind of boss was Kurt?...............and finally ,what is your point of view of that companys attitude towards safety,,,,,,,,did they ever mention it,or was it all about production..............hang in there buddy.
    I have been doing line work for over 15 years now but this was my first time on a steel transmission towerline. I was attracted to the job because I knew I would not be climbing wood poles all day my knees just wont cooperate well any more. Yes I was Impressed by the safety meetings and attitudes prior to the accident. "Safety first but quality and productivity are important too seemed to be the norm. I really did not get to know Kurt at all aside from the morning meetings he seemed to be an OK person with out anger issues.

The crew I was on was very safety conscious and we go a lot done in a day, one of the things that made the accident such a surprise. If I had felt a threat after the accident I would have been out of there on my own.