Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Notice There is NO Politics thread anywhere to be found here. Thats for a **** reason and YOU are it. Folks are sick and tired of YOUR politics being force fed to em. I include myself in that as well. This is a Linemans forum not a soapbox for your own personal use.Wanna talk linework welcome, wanna stump? so long Charlie.Absolutely no one wants to hear what YOU think about Politics. and Thats a fact Jack
    It's like the channel on your TV Poot. Ya don't like what you're watchin...change the channel.

Don't try to get the channel ya don't like, censored by the FCC.
    Yes, it's Linemans Board. It also has a "BS Forum". You might want to stay out of that one, if you get so offended.

I post everywhere on this board. Linework Forum, when the subject interests me, A good Joke, when I got one, a Cool Vid, like I just posted...
    It's called "Opinion" mr. Poot.

I don't know what your real problem with that is sir. Maby you need to exercize some self control on your part, rather than infering what people should be allowed to post here.

My name is Greg Poot, not Jack. You know that.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    yeaaaaaaaaaaa.............I took some bait recently...............
    Did ya catch anything with it??
    Last time I took...actually "borrowed" some bait, was at Ponce Inlet in Sebastain, off the Pier.

Caught a 4 Lb. Redfish!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    So, you don't think politics is a topic that anyone should be allowed to talk about on the board huh?

How about opinions on union or the new right to work state of Indiana? Is that also a topic that only union people should be allowed to express oninions about on this board?

I honestly wasen't aware that certain subjects were not allowed on this board. It's never been that way all the years both of us have been here. I vowed I would never threaten anyone, namecall, or otherwise aggrivate. So you believe, in this coming year of political debates and different choices for Americans, politics and the topic of discussions from both sides, shouldn't be allowed here on Powerlineman?

I guess what you're telling me, is any opinion that does not necessarily agree with a certain group of people on this board.... is aggrivating and "shouldn't be talked about'".

That's not the America "I" live in mr. Poot. And I don't think you would want it that way either.

Until it becomes the Rule of this board that any political discussion is not allowed, and if it does, I will abide by that rule.
    Until then, I certainly think there is nothing wrong with different opinions being expressd in the BS Forum, in a respectable, civil manner.
    I'm sorry if you disagree.
    Most of the members that you are trying to get under there skin, have been banned Swamp.
    Just so you know (which I'm sure your very aware of already)

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    Most of the members that you are trying to get under there skin, have been banned Swamp.
    Just so you know (which I'm sure your very aware of already)
    Why does having a different opinion mean, "trying to get under peoples skin" Tamer? Seriously.

I got pretty thick skin You're opinion ain't gonna get under my skin. Just keep it civil with no threats or hate for a different opinion... seems to be all the fbod is sayin. I certainly don't think they want to start telling people what subjects can be talked about.

I guess we should just all bury our head in the sand so none of us will get upset by a different outlook on stuff huh? Yeah, I see a few have been banned. I'm sure they will be back.

Ummmmm Just so you know, You took your politics to the extreme and it caused a lot of problems and provoked more than one attack.The Fbod decided to do what any rational group would do and eliminate the political thread altogether so that this wouldnt happen again.YOU are the reason we no longer have a political thread.Now I know for a fact that you had been asked repeatedly to stop and yet you didnt.Knowing it would only serve to provoke another attack you continued which is BAITING.... another practice that we are attempting to discourage. I will say again this is a linemans forum and not your soapbox.No one here wants to read that cut n paste crap so quiddit.Being nice or respectful while you do it is not gonna fly either. It will be considdered Baiting. I have no problem with anything you wanna think and anyway you wanna vote. But leave the politics outta this forum, It has to do with Linework and linework related topics not politics.

Blog Entries

And to think I used to look forward to coming to the forum......go effen figure......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Default Swamprat

Low and behold Poot is right. We're not discussing politics. It has long been agreed that a civil political discussion isn't going to remain civil around here. This site is about linework--there is nothing wrong with talking about other non linework topics in this forum but we're not talking politics.

Historically it all ends the same. You get a bunch of ticked off people and all the baiting and hating continues to go on.

No we are not talking politics on here.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Low and behold Poot is right. We're not discussing politics. It has long been agreed that a civil political discussion isn't going to remain civil around here. This site is about linework--there is nothing wrong with talking about other non linework topics in this forum but we're not talking politics.

Historically it all ends the same. You get a bunch of ticked off people and all the baiting and hating continues to go on.

No we are not talking politics on here.
    Well spoken dallas. "WE are Not Talkin politics on here."... Seriously dude...Who died and made you the god of the board?

Then...Let the Fbod Delete the "BS" Forum of this board also.

Cause my man..."BullS$it" is BullS$it.

Any Board you go on, there are "sections" of the board that deal with different "subjects".
    Ya don't like that "subject"? Ya stay out of that thread.

You want a completely Linemans Board?

Then like the EAYOR Forum was deleted, because of people like you on the Board. Delete the BS Forum too.
    Create a "Jokes" and a "Vids" thread. THEN you're gonna have a problem with THAT Thread, when people post "Politically" "Sensitive" posts, people like You don't like.

What really needs to happen on this board...is the same thing that has happened here for 13 years BEFORE the Fbod. Let the board...be what the board is.

YOU as a member of the FBOD...were elected to stop the threats, hate talk and insults. NOT regulate and determine, WHAT topics would be allowed on this board.
    If That's why the Fbod was elected...guess I missed that

NOW, you want to take on the task of "Regulating" what can be Spoken here as "Opinion"...and YOU want to be allowed to label it as "Baiting".

I'm a grown man Mr. dallas. And I'd like to think the Linemen on this board are also. If they don't like the direction or comment of a post, it's real simple dude. Ignore it.

There's alot of "disscontent" and dissagrement" in America now days man.
    If you want a board like that, maby you people in the fbod, should ask Byron to delete the BS Forum of this board.
    Done deal. NO place to post bull****, or political opinions, or jokes...done deal.

If ya can manage that my man....I will never speak politics, or Right to work Sh$t Again. I'd also like to see the "Union issues" forum and the "Ibew system counsel" threads deleted.
    We certainly can't have a "Politically correct" Board, with such blaintant "one sided Opinions".

It may cause "discourse" and anger from people with different opinions.

NOW you have a completely...passive board of forums, that are non political, not union affilated.

I think that would be much easier for the Fbod to "moderate". I'm sure "All Members" of this board would LOVE the change....

Before ya delet the BS Forum....I got a Great Joke I want to post!!!
    You go Mr. Dallas....

There is a much simpler solution and it worked excellantly while you were gone and It will work again.

Default That's funny.

Featured Sponsorr

Thanks for taking the time to make a reply. Your right; I was in fact elected.

I am happy to see you gathered some thoughts and ideas of what you think is actually going on, however unfortunately your wrong.

I never had a problem with any of your political threads or anybody else. I do believe my history on here has shown that over the last couple of years. I'm more of a linework nerd and come here to learn and exchange ideas that pertain to linework. I have gotten used to automatically filtering out all the nonsense and absorb the actual linework information that was contained in posts.

Then all of a sudden I was elected to do what you mentioned--stop threats, hates and insults. It's been a roller coaster. No I haven't agreed to everything in the things that we have discussed. I do agree with what your saying, don't like it stay out; simply put change the channel.

However in my role as being an authoritative figure I have to look at the overall picture and make reasonable decisions here; some good some bad some I don't want to wipe my hands with. It is a fact that political talk on here is a root of overall evil. I said it once already that all it does is cause chaos.

You've been here for many many years and have many posts. I get that, I do. Can you seriously look into the mirror at yourself and honestly tell yourself that all the political threads do not cause problems on here? We all know you are just giving opinions and want to have a reasonable civil discussion on here regarding politics. You've said this over and over. Historically it all turns to trash talk, hate talk, etc. Then it spews out into other threads across the board thereby ruining them.

To touch on Enter at your own Risk--I originated that idea so that people can say what they want to say without fear of getting in trouble. Say what you want in there; you step in and it's just that--your feelings might get hurt, duke it out, etc. We talked on the phone and I told you that. That is what it was established for.

However people started getting their feelings hurt and some users have then started using the report post button. They started crying - so and so said this, so and so said that like little babies.

In my own perfect world yeah say you want but it can't happen here. Oil and water don't mix.