Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

[B]Mr. Swamprat I will reply to your post as well as I can and with a candor that I hope is respectful.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Well spoken dallas. "WE are Not Talkin politics on here."... Seriously dude...Who died and made you the god of the board?

No one did, as a matter of fact many of us disagreed with many of RCD's thoughts and ideas but he is persistent and remains to be a solid poster. He consistently brings up thoughts and ideas on this site that are thought provoking as well as educational for anyone in the trade. In layman's terms he "brings it".

Then...Let the Fbod Delete the "BS" Forum of this board also.

There is no need to if it is kept civil and relevant.

Cause my man..."BullS$it" is BullS$it.

[B]Profound.[/B]

Any Board you go on, there are "sections" of the board that deal with different "subjects".
    Ya don't like that "subject"? Ya stay out of that thread.

[B]The majority or your "subjects" tend to run together linking multiple threads to multiple forums all resulting in multiple links to one agenda. It tends to be very distracting to many of the readers here at powerlineman.com.[/B]

You want a completely Linemans Board?

This is a completely Lineman's Board; one that accepts and respects the thoughts of others in the trade. Meter readers, electricians, plant operators--on and on--all are welcome here to grow in our trade or learn more about what we as powerlinemen do if it is not your trade.

Then like the EAYOR Forum was deleted, because of people like you on the Board. Delete the BS Forum too.

[I]With all due respect the EAYOR Forum was created because of poster like you. It was deleted for the same reason.
    [

Create a "Jokes" and a "Vids" thread. THEN you're gonna have a problem with THAT Thread, when people post "Politically" "Sensitive" posts, people like You don't like.

[I]They already exist. Perhaps we should look into making them a non responsive forum so that things will stay civil, or perhaps they need to be removed as well.
    [/I]

What really needs to happen on this board...is the same thing that has happened here for 13 years BEFORE the Fbod. Let the board...be what the board is.

[I]So Powerlineman.com should be run over by a bunch of internet bullies? I'd rather it be an equal exchange of ides and information about power line work. I'd rather it be a place where I could be able to exchange ideas and thought on safety and daily work practices and well the meat and bones of what we as powerlineman do. That is however what I would like the site is obviously so much more, and has much more to offer as long as it is not brought down to the ranks of "other sites" due to a few.
    [/I]

YOU as a member of the FBOD...were elected to stop the threats, hate talk and insults. NOT regulate and determine, WHAT topics would be allowed on this board.
    If That's why the Fbod was elected...guess I missed that

[B]No you didn't: you ignored it.[/B]

NOW, you want to take on the task of "Regulating" what can be Spoken here as "Opinion"...and YOU want to be allowed to label it as "Baiting".

You just defined your own statement.

I'm a grown man Mr. dallas. And I'd like to think the Linemen on this board are also. If they don't like the direction or comment of a post, it's real simple dude. Ignore it.

There's alot of "disscontent" and dissagrement" in America now days man.
    If you want a board like that, maby you people in the fbod, should ask Byron to delete the BS Forum of this board.
    Done deal. NO place to post bull****, or political opinions, or jokes...done deal.

If ya can manage that my man....I will never speak politics, or Right to work Sh$t Again. I'd also like to see the "Union issues" forum and the "Ibew system counsel" threads deleted.
    We certainly can't have a "Politically correct" Board, with such blaintant "one sided Opinions".

It may cause "discourse" and anger from people with different opinions.

NOW you have a completely...passive board of forums, that are non political, not union affilated.

I think that would be much easier for the Fbod to "moderate". I'm sure "All Members" of this board would LOVE the change....

Before ya delet the BS Forum....I got a Great Joke I want to post!!!
    You go Mr. Dallas....

Ahhh and here we finally have a point for you Mr. Swamprat!

While politics in general is like a fork twisted up in the garbage disposal, it does reflect in how we work. Right to work states, Union Negotiations, even unemployment benefits. If a political thread has direct relation to powerlinework, I personally have no problem with it here. I like the fact that x amount of linemen will be employed on such and such wind farm or y amount of lineman will be employed on such and such transmission corridor.

And no I only see powerlineman--especially JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN--job on the up side of employment, we are a dying breed.

As far as your Union argument goes? I'm Non-Union and I enjoy every post I can from the union guys--perhaps you should read more of them: especially the ones posted in the LINEWORK forum.

Last edited by LAMartin.CVEC; 02-03-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar

Thanks for the reply Dallas.
    It's a BIG... ball of Wax man. Not...competely comprehensible...

The "People gettin their feelings hurt", and "reporting Posts" that "offend" them...I don't know man.

I thought this was a LINEMANS Board. I have never met a LINEMAN that "got his feelings hurt". If he did, he kept his mouth shut, and he LEARNED somethin from that, rather than whinin about it.

It just looks like this board has made a "Change" over the past year, of what this board has BEEN for the past 13 years. It WAS a Free Speakin Board. Hay! New time, Right? "Hope and Change" is all the thing now.

"People" been trashin my opinions on PL.com for more years than you been here man.
    It's mainly, over the years.... been a "union, non-union" dissagrement thing.
    "Stuff" has only gotten Nasty and Personal in the last year or so.

I remember our conversation my man. I enjoyed it. I'm as honest a man on this board, as I was with you when we talked....what was it...8 months ago? Sorry, I'm old..."time" moves on.

Anyway Dallas, thanks for the response man. PM me...lets talk again. Or maby you guys should just Ban my butt again.
    Would make your lives so much simpler....

Have a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to make a reply. Your right; I was in fact elected.

I am happy to see you gathered some thoughts and ideas of what you think is actually going on, however unfortunately your wrong.

I never had a problem with any of your political threads or anybody else. I do believe my history on here has shown that over the last couple of years. I'm more of a linework nerd and come here to learn and exchange ideas that pertain to linework. I have gotten used to automatically filtering out all the nonsense and absorb the actual linework information that was contained in posts.

Then all of a sudden I was elected to do what you mentioned--stop threats, hates and insults. It's been a roller coaster. No I haven't agreed to everything in the things that we have discussed. I do agree with what your saying, don't like it stay out; simply put change the channel.

However in my role as being an authoritative figure I have to look at the overall picture and make reasonable decisions here; some good some bad some I don't want to wipe my hands with. It is a fact that political talk on here is a root of overall evil. I said it once already that all it does is cause chaos.

You've been here for many many years and have many posts. I get that, I do. Can you seriously look into the mirror at yourself and honestly tell yourself that all the political threads do not cause problems on here? We all know you are just giving opinions and want to have a reasonable civil discussion on here regarding politics. You've said this over and over. Historically it all turns to trash talk, hate talk, etc. Then it spews out into other threads across the board thereby ruining them.

To touch on Enter at your own Risk--I originated that idea so that people can say what they want to say without fear of getting in trouble. Say what you want in there; you step in and it's just that--your feelings might get hurt, duke it out, etc. We talked on the phone and I told you that. That is what it was established for.

However people started getting their feelings hurt and some users have then started using the report post button. They started crying - so and so said this, so and so said that like little babies.

In my own perfect world yeah say you want but it can't happen here. Oil and water don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by LAMartin.CVEC View Post
    [B]Mr. Swamprat I will reply to your post as well as I can and with a candor that I hope is respectful.[/B]

[/I][/COLOR]
    Absolutely respectful Mr. Martin. Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, responding to a post like that, is hard to respond to in the format you replyed in.
    I've done that before, and it's great for a Personal response to a person. Hard to reply to on a board like this.

Anyway, thank you for your honesty.

You did reference that the EAYOR forum was "Created" because of "Posters like Me".

I've been on this board for 13 years mr. martin.
    Why was this EAYOR Forum created? "created for Posters like Me" As you said?

Was it created for "people" that have a different opinion of things?
    There are alot of members of this board that have the same opinions I do mr. martin.

They just don't want to take the time, or, deal with the "stuff" I have delt with over 13 years on this board....by not "going with the flow".

For me? It's "Water off a duck".

If I'm an "internet Bully" mr. martin....no,... I'll just leave it there sir.
    You also, Have a good weekend.

Default Big ball of wax?

So everyone can see.

Here's my answer; it's f'd up.

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas View Post
    So everyone can see.

Here's my answer; it's f'd up.
    Yes it is....'Just another Brick in the Wall"....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default I support the FBOD, but I hope to see consitenecy.

If someone psots a video that is political one way or the other, will that be considered baiting?

My problem with the whole baiting thing is that it reminds me of the old "devil made me do it" statement. Why are not people held accountable for their behaviour? It reminds me of the loser that beats his wife because "she knows that pisses me off".

Again,I'm fine with removing it, let's make sure that it is consistent.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Ummmmmmmm we removed it because Historically nothing good has ever come from anything Political here. I agree that folks need to be held accountable,But when One wants to take it to the extreme , None of us should hafta endure that. His arguement that those of us who dont like it should use the ignore button doesnt hold water because not all of us have that option. The moderators are expected to read all posts.
    As far as your original question a video would need to be opened by each individual user and so No I dont think that would be considered baiting. If you choose to open it then its on you.I am purdy sure every member here can get all the politics they want on any radio, Tv, Or newspaper any time they want it. Thats not what people come here for..... they come to discuss issues in their profession, or relax and get a chuckle from someone, or to share some insight into an accident and hopefully prevent it happening again.However that steady stream of political BS is causing people to leave and not come back or at least Not Post because they are exercising that self control. In short its detrimental to the site as a whole.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This a 100 times over! Well said

I think everyone has spoken. Time to delete or lock this crap and go about our day. I think we're better off without the untitled "king" of powerlineman...

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Well theres talk of how the site was for 13 years and how discussions went and we're all linemen and lineman dont get their feelings hurt and on and on ad infinitum.

Well Ive been coming to this site for coming up on 12 years, I have had some spirited political discussions as well as opposing religious discussions with our friend Centerpointex, I hope he's doing well as I havent seen him post in quite some time. Ive been as much at fault with adding fuel to the fire and contributing to the degeneration of a thread where it gets down to a few fellows in a pissing contest. But IMHO the acrimony around here has got to be too much, so much so that I hardly post anymore because it's just not worth it.

I used to love coming to this site, I gotta tell ya, if Byron folds up the tents and closes shop, I wont bat an eye or give a rats @ss. Again, its just not worth it.

From my perspective, and only my perspective, some individuals were banned from the site, I gather, as in Swamprats case permantly. I have to ask in all seriousness, how does a permantly banned meber get back on the site???? Hmm, I'll have to think about that for a while. Secondly, if a permantly banned member is allowed back on the site, where are the others who were banned????? In particular Canadianlineman, who Ive had issues with BTW, cmon guys whats fair for one is fair for the other. It cant be both ways, if Canadianlineman wants back on, and delivers the same Mia Culpa apparently delivered by Swamprat in order to have access to the site, let him back on. To do for one and not the other is patently unfair. Either deliver, for lack of a better term, discipline equally or why bother with the whole thing, shut the site down and forget the **** thing!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt