Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Yes sir that is exactly correct. Then same rules apply to everyone even You. You have been absent for a spell and not one other member felt the need for a political post during your absence.What we have now is an agreement to disagree in a civil manner but Politics are too explosive an issue to be included in that and would undermine the entire effort, because it spills over into other threads. Rarely does a thread go off topic anymore, and there is no more name calling nor threats, and very little disrespect. In short the site has improved drastically,
    If thats not what you signed up for then I suggest you find another forum to join. You know as well as anyone that Byron does not want to get involved with anything on this site other than to assure its longevity.We the Fbod are his spokesmen elected by our peers to try and maintain order here. You have heard from at least 4 of the 5 of us and the message was exactly the same each time.I hope you understand that we can not allow any one member to cause a digression.

One thing I have always done is keep politics out of work, it causes too many hard feelings. I am very glad to see the political thread gone and I would suggest that anyone that wants to talk politics go find a site and forum to talk politics with other people that WANT to talk politics. This is a great lineman's forum and I would like it to stay that way. Linework and related issues only. Thanks Poot for making the FBOD's position clear and please keep it that way.

Default Ill second that rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    One thing I have always done is keep politics out of work, it causes too many hard feelings. I am very glad to see the political thread gone and I would suggest that anyone that wants to talk politics go find a site and forum to talk politics with other people that WANT to talk politics. This is a great lineman's forum and I would like it to stay that way. Linework and related issues only. Thanks Poot for making the FBOD's position clear and please keep it that way.
    I can live with that rob........always had lots Republican lineman here in Texas,,does it matter ........no it doesnt..........I happen to be a Democrat..........doesnt really matter.......not in here.......I dont go around pounding my ideas here...........I even didnt mind reading some of those threads...........but there are limitations on everything.........or shall we say obsessions in this case..............from what Im seeing the certain guy is questioning his manhood.........im a man.......I would hope so..........looks like we will be saying goodbye again soon..............first couple of days all ok.......................then after that...............the same ole $hittttttttttttttt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Yes sir that is exactly correct. Then same rules apply to everyone even You. You have been absent for a spell and not one other member felt the need for a political post during your absence.What we have now is an agreement to disagree in a civil manner but Politics are too explosive an issue to be included in that and would undermine the entire effort, because it spills over into other threads. Rarely does a thread go off topic anymore, and there is no more name calling nor threats, and very little disrespect. In short the site has improved drastically,
    If thats not what you signed up for then I suggest you find another forum to join. You know as well as anyone that Byron does not want to get involved with anything on this site other than to assure its longevity.We the Fbod are his spokesmen elected by our peers to try and maintain order here. You have heard from at least 4 of the 5 of us and the message was exactly the same each time.I hope you understand that we can not allow any one member to cause a digression.
    Understood mr. poot. Understood.

I'll just step back, and maby post some in the "Cool Vids", "lineman's Forum", and the "Joke" thread.

Being as you have decided "Politics" can not be disscussed on this board with civility. That's pretty sad man. "Oh well", right.....just ban any discussion of anything "political"...your call, what's political.

Interesting how all the people that propigated the hate, threats and discourse, to political opinions, they didn't agree with....have gone off and made their own board.

You should go over there sometime and read some of the posts. It's a fun read.
    Anyway man....
    I get it. You have decided "politics" is a banned subject on this board. And, you and the fbod, will decide "what" is considered political, and melt out "punishment" as you see fit.

"message delivered".....

Ummmmmm I kinda doubt I wud be well received there, N I have all I need or want rite here,And while I will readily admit that eliminating politics here was in part My idea It wasnt done without the support of every other member of The Fbod.
    Rules have to change with the times...... I doubt if you agreed to todays speed limit when you first got your Drivers liscense but as they have changed you still hafta abide by em.And No i dont decide anything alone... its a process called a rational discussion and it results in one opinion.

I'd also say it wasn't just the FBOD, everybody here was sick of the b.s. as well. I find it funny swamp just wants to continue to whine and whine about this. People are sick of the politics plain and simple.

Ummmmmmm I rest my Case

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I'd also say it wasn't just the FBOD, everybody here was sick of the b.s. as well. I find it funny swamp just wants to continue to whine and whine about this. People are sick of the politics plain and simple.
    Not whinin about it man, at all.

Just Sad about the loss of Freedom of Speach on this board though And the inability of people like you to, just not read threads that might "upset" you.

In this day and age, it's just much easier, to "censor" what can be posted...so as not to "offend" people like you. "I rest my case".....
    Last edited by Swamprat; 02-04-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmm I kinda doubt I wud be well received there,.
    don't be silly cliff. you're more tham welcome

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    We don't need or will stand for that either over there Poot!
    Have you checkd the site out yet Poot? love to have you too!
    You are a classless human being!