Thread: meal tickets

Default meal tickets

Featured Sponsor

Anyone remember the days when the foreman would give you (cold cash) for the meals..........those meal tickets really came in handy when you wanted a 12 pack of cold beer.

Ummmmmmmm we hadda sweet deal back in the day. There was a resturant right next door to our yard and it stayed open all night I bleve. Anyway we could sign a ticket in there for anything they had on the menu and be golden. Needless to say there is always a few who would seriously take advantage and would order lobster or some other extravagant stuff and take it home to wives or girlfriends or feed it to the dawg. After a close look at it we were placed on a meal allowance which was hard pressed to buy you a 12 pack.

Default which one

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm we hadda sweet deal back in the day. There was a resturant right next door to our yard and it stayed open all night I bleve. Anyway we could sign a ticket in there for anything they had on the menu and be golden. Needless to say there is always a few who would seriously take advantage and would order lobster or some other extravagant stuff and take it home to wives or girlfriends or feed it to the dawg. After a close look at it we were placed on a meal allowance which was hard pressed to buy you a 12 pack.
    was it on I-10....maybe a Stuckeys.......or do they still have them anymore.......figured you were a kfc man............I know I am............even cried way back when when the colonel died

Ummm no it wuz a diner and i kaint remember the name but they also served cold beer and if ya asked em nice they wud make a bar tab say it was a seafood platter.

Default sounds like

Ummm no it wuz a diner and i kaint remember the name but they also served cold beer and if ya asked em nice they wud make a bar tab say it was a seafood platter.
    .......Poot that was back in the kicker days........as in kikk..........dont know if anybody here knows what a kicker is.................not quite a stepper....................faced with a bar tab and a lobster is a hard choice...............naw,,id take the bar tab

I know of a restaurant that used to ring up the beverages as "Ice Cream".

Now we have a strict policy--- 10 for breakfast, 12 for lunch, 18 for dinner. If you go over, it comes out of your check!!

40 per diem if your going out of town, per day to spend as you wish.

Asking the waitress for a bunch of blank receipts (or sometimes stealing a bundle) so you could write out your own meal check and spend the money on more worthwhile things like cheap food and a few drinks.

A friend actually went into a print-shop and ordered a batch of custom printed receipt books. He went back and it was a whole pallet of them they'd printed! Big job though, so the guys "ate" at the same "restaurant" for the full duration.

Losing fuel receipts and not getting paid for filling the van/truck.

Getting put into really nasty accommodation by the company because it was the cheapest the office staff could find....
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Asking the waitress for a bunch of blank receipts (or sometimes stealing a bundle) so you could write out your own meal check and spend the money on more worthwhile things like cheap food and a few drinks.

A friend actually went into a print-shop and ordered a batch of custom printed receipt books. He went back and it was a whole pallet of them they'd printed! Big job though, so the guys "ate" at the same "restaurant" for the full duration.

Losing fuel receipts and not getting paid for filling the van/truck.

Getting put into really nasty accommodation by the company because it was the cheapest the office staff could find....
    We have a district in a border town here in Az. that we have to work at once in awhile. I always Google the hotel accomadations, because your right, the office just looks for a good deal!

Even more annoying when they book a place miles from where you're working because it's cheap. Then you find there's a perfectly acceptable place right next to where the job is that doesn't involve a rush-hour drive.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default $$$$$$$$$$$$$$meal tickets$$$$$$$$$

Featured Sponsorr

When we worked lots of overtime back in the 80s,it seemed like we were getting meal tickets every day.............I was a helper and was doing ok,,the lineman would easily get almost 200dollars cash.......................that was long ago when they told me to send them up a cold one on the handline............boy, things have changed