Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finally get an interview!

Featured Sponsor

Well, I've applied for more apprenticeships/ groundman spots than I know what to do with, and I finally get my first interview for an apprenticeship... via local 769. Teacher wasn't thrilled I might be having to quit class early, but I think it would be the best route unless something considerably better comes up. Hopefully it all works out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by wantafastz28 View Post
    Well, I've applied for more apprenticeships/ groundman spots than I know what to do with, and I finally get my first interview for an apprenticeship... via local 769. Teacher wasn't thrilled I might be having to quit class early, but I think it would be the best route unless something considerably better comes up. Hopefully it all works out in the end.
    Good luck with your interview, I hope you get in!! I am a local 769 member myself!

Quote Originally Posted by hotwiretamer View Post
    Good luck with your interview, I hope you get in!! I am a local 769 member myself!
    Thanks, they have been by far the most helpful out of all the union halls I've been harassing... Time will tell.

I know you've been applying for quite some time. Let me tell you; don't go in there like it's life or deaf. Relax and take the time to answer the whole question. Some questions may be two part and you'll only end up answering half the question.

I'm always humble in any interview i get, ill make sure to do nothing the day before so im clear headed for the questions.

Default good luck

rcdallas always has solid advice.

research and practice S.T.A.R. interviewing technique if you havnt already. not only have some jatc's ive interviewed with been using this method but public utilities also use it nowadays. a good interview puts you in a good spot on the list.

i did horrible my first couple interviews with different jatcs and it showed when they ranked me. I used them as learning experiences and took some good out of them and brought it to the next table.

Good luck in your interveiw....... It may not hurt to let em know how long you have been chasing this dream kause that speaks directly to your level of dedication and focus.

Default while im thinking about it

i'm friends with a really good lineman thats originally from arizona now in socal. loves to hotstick and teach it every chance he can. good cat to be on a crew with.

good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by scratchpad View Post
    i'm friends with a really good lineman thats originally from arizona now in socal. loves to hotstick and teach it every chance he can. good cat to be on a crew with.

good luck to you
    I've heard that when the cal/nev jatc starts accepting applications there are guys that camp out at the building to hand their application in first. Have you heard of this? Is there any truth to it?

Featured Sponsorr

yes, yes

2 of my friends did it. Just like when a new hot shoe comes out. Bring your shank and OC spray.