Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default mmmmmmm. what type of trany

Featured Sponsor

So...... On Jura again, what type of trany is this. ?

Insulators are a nice clue.

Nice to get the brain cell working on a Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Looks like a stepdown transformer ( primary voltage) with isolation switches on either side.

Ummmmmmm duz kinda look like a step down ( or up) transformer with switches on ONE side. I spoze it could aslo be sum kinda oil reclosure also but there aint no bypass onnit if it iz. Ummmmmmm Or It could be a burd house designed by the Irish.

Gotta be a step up transformer. The disconects are on the line side. And the bells on the primary are two on the right and three on the left. Do not know voltages there but out here ours would be 7200 and 14400.
    If you can build it you can fix it!

Default picture

Pic not great BUT ! There is two lots of fuses. The ones that ya can see clearly. And one either side of the pole aswell.

I say it's a step down or up Transformer. I see fuses on both sides and the 3 bell side is maybe 30K+ and the 2 bell side is under 20K. So I'd call it Sub-tramsmission. I think if it was a regulator Like Poot said there would be bypass switches on top and there would be even number of bells on both sides so when you went to close the bypass you would bring the voltage to neutral or zero potential. With only two phases here is the kicker, On Transmission usually the load is balanced and with two phases here and the third somewhere else it's going to be hard to balance the load and not have a neutral for the return current.

I'm guessing it is. . . . .hooked up to a Banana hanger factory. . .Big business in Ireland I guess!
    Apparently they don't operate with all their phases sorta like here we don't always have all our oars in the water. . . . .

Ummmmmmm The Ltng arrestors say its definately changin voltage in one direction or anudder and fuses are also mismatched........ add in the mismatched dead end bells and the difference in the bushings on the thang, and it all spells sum kinda voltage changing goin on.

Default yea.............its just a step up.........

Before I get started...........i wear an extra large,is that clear bren?...........its a step-up......highsides go to switches,with smaller arresters and larger arresters on the other side......from my view the other highsides go directly to the arresters...................just give it up Bren.....................extra large........what part of extra large dont you understand?

I see them hiding now. And it could be that all the presses at the bananna factory runs on high voltage to be more efficent.
    If you can build it you can fix it!

Default most important

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by dooghi View Post
    I see them hiding now. And it could be that all the presses at the bananna factory runs on high voltage to be more efficent.
    I will say this. ITS THE MOST IMPORTANT TRANSFORMER ON THE ISLAND.