Unhappy why do safety guys give te cheapest stuff?

Featured Sponsor

Par gives you first class stuff, safety glasses hi vis dri fire shirts. These other companies look like they go into harbor freight and buy junk. They always give you a safety vest that will fit a midget. Safety glasses from Harvor freight clearance. Cheap fr pants wear my inseam starts at my knees. Why cant they just get us a clothing allowance in our contracts, buy some hi vis fr clothing. Dump those dumb cheap vests. I think half my time changing. Work in the air, then change to get my dumb vest onto pick up cones. With the hi vis clothing from Par I can just go to work. And why do I have to wear that dumb vest on a backcountry right of way. Will I get run over by a galloping blind deer herd? To get oitfitted in fr is spendy, 70 to 100 an item. Give me 20 bucks extra a week and you dont have to outfit me with your cheap crap. I will be a walking fr traffic cone. With these other companies I wear my Par stuff all the time. They get it, biy good comfortable quality stuff men will wear it.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    Par gives you first class stuff, safety glasses hi vis dri fire shirts. These other companies look like they go into harbor freight and buy junk. They always give you a safety vest that will fit a midget. Safety glasses from Harvor freight clearance. Cheap fr pants wear my inseam starts at my knees. Why cant they just get us a clothing allowance in our contracts, buy some hi vis fr clothing. Dump those dumb cheap vests. I think half my time changing. Work in the air, then change to get my dumb vest onto pick up cones. With the hi vis clothing from Par I can just go to work. And why do I have to wear that dumb vest on a backcountry right of way. Will I get run over by a galloping blind deer herd? To get oitfitted in fr is spendy, 70 to 100 an item. Give me 20 bucks extra a week and you dont have to outfit me with your cheap crap. I will be a walking fr traffic cone. With these other companies I wear my Par stuff all the time. They get it, biy good comfortable quality stuff men will wear it.
    Im working for Par down in san diego and there great about giving us anything we need, when we want it, I worked for Irby before this job and they were bad, safety guy never had gloves or glasses and asking for something was a joke i was told on more than one occassion to buy my own gloves. They had you sign out anything they gave you on a clipboard and if you requested the same thing again theyd look at the list and see when and what you were given before. Really sucked.

Default I always bring my own safety glasses.

I have worn prescription glasses since I was 4 years old them little girley swimming goggles they pass off as safety glasses just don't get it.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Featured Sponsorr

In my experience the saftey guy or gal is a company man. They save money the big bosses love em. They walk a fine line of saftey gear and junk. Its sad. They spend more in the long run replacing the crap they bought instead of buying the better quality stuff from the start.

I always provide my own hard hat and saftey glasses though.