Thread: D size question

Default D size question

Featured Sponsor

ok so i am trying to find a used belt on ebay here is my problem the d size is hip bone to hip bone plus 2 inches correct? so that puts me at a d21 but on all the belts they say that a d21 size minimum length is like 36 or 37 inche waste my waist size in a 32 or 33 i dont get it can someone explain this to me and what are the differences between full floated semi floated and fixed and what do you guys req.
    Last edited by iwlv433; 02-23-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Ummmmmmm the waist size they are referring to is not your waist its where the belt will ride. I am 34 inna waist n wore a 21 inch d-ring for years.Measure yer self at the same point for a waist size as ya did for the D size. I spect it'll be close. If it is a tad loose they make a gut strap that will keep the belt from sliding down.
    Ummmmmm fixed D-rings are just that fixed. floating D-rings will slide inside the body belt and allow more manunerability, Semi floating will also slide some but not much. I dont reccommend a fixed D-ring. Thats the kinda junk Ma bell uses.

ok so klein, bashlin, buckingham, there all about the same just personal preference

Quote Originally Posted by iwlv433 View Post
    ok so i am trying to find a used belt on ebay here is my problem the d size is hip bone to hip bone plus 2 inches correct? so that puts me at a d21 but on all the belts they say that a d21 size minimum length is like 36 or 37 inche waste my waist size in a 32 or 33 i dont get it can someone explain this to me and what are the differences between full floated semi floated and fixed and what do you guys req.
    The add 2" part is if the belt you are buying is padded I believe.

Sizing information from Buckingham's website.

5. Default Climbing Tools & Size

Can anyone give me some advice on what climbing belt to nut amd the D ring size? How do I know what size to buy? What brand belt is good and also what are gppd hooks and pads??

search the forum i have asked this question and got some good advice and information

Featured Sponsorr

A trade not properly learned is an enemy.