Default Hopefully goin Union soon...

Featured Sponsor

I recently called the local union which was less than 10 minutes from my house, which i had no idea until I did some research in the area and found calls were bout to pick up in a month or so. So i called and told them my story that i wasn't a member and was interested in joining. The lady was very helpful and nice and told me to come in and fill in paper work. A few days later I found my way to the hall and walked in. I was blown away. She told me since I had some hours already and line school and cdl blabla that i'd be a better canidate for the apprenticeship, which interviews are the first of March. So the job she told me was in Lubbock, 75 miles of 345kv working 7-10's. I feel like this is the best thing that could happen to me, so keeping my fingers crossed. The only thing im worried is do they check driving records mine's not terrible but kep me from getting a job at the big utility here in DFW last year. So any advice about the best way to go about things..? I have no idea about Union structure or anything how the living on the road works or anything? Any advice on the interview? Anything would help

Much appreciated

Ummmmmm If yer werkin outta the hall its unlikely they gonna check yer drivin reccord.Congrats on a wise decision

Thanks, I wish Unions were bigger in Texas. Why wouldn't people wanna be ? Like Pike and Willbros ? I don't wanna be a rat anymore

Ill second that,keep your Cdl........I think your in good shape,try to keep the driving record clean from here on out...................now the only problem is the 75 miles one way to work...........from what Im hearing and seeing ...........gas will only go up in the near future.............this is partiality due to the Iran situation and the people that benifit from that threat..........and a little of politics....but I wont go There.

Haha no I was meaning the project they were about to start was in Lubbock rebuilding 75 mils of 345kv. I live in Dallas-Fort Worth, there's no way I could commute daily. I'm looking on moving there i guess till the job is up. You in texas too?

Default yes I am

Quote Originally Posted by ntxhand View Post
    Haha no I was meaning the project they were about to start was in Lubbock rebuilding 75 mils of 345kv. I live in Dallas-Fort Worth, there's no way I could commute daily. I'm looking on moving there i guess till the job is up. You in texas too?
    Yea,Im in Houston....................Lubbock huh,well good luck,I dont really know but if that area is part of the Eagle Ford Shale deposit area it might be hard finding a place..............I did hear a few month back that they were hiring so many people that they needed more drug testers also..............what I did when I took off to Flordia was to go on craigslist and find a room for rent.................I found the best place in Miami,called Miami Springs,it was like Mayberry, a town with-in a city...................but before looking at that place i toured several bad areas,and in the cuban area,the people that showed me a room must have hated lights...........they liked it dark..........I was lucky to make it back outside...............long story..........but good luck.

Hahaha thanks hopefully it won't be so bad

Featured Sponsorr

Can you transfer from one Unioin to another? How does that work? And what is annuity?