Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default prepping pole. job . scotland

Featured Sponsor

Started prepping pole job scotland. Picturesque site (cold though)
    Pictures of prepping stays (guys). Insulators. Double insulated coz its 33 kv line.
    Also the first pole we have to change. And picture of site
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Those guy insulators are different than anything I have ever seen

That's the nice thing about the internet though seeing how others do things.

Default hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by RadonHuffer View Post
    That's the nice thing about the internet though seeing how others do things.

Jayzus ! Hope there the right ones. Spent all day making them up.

Poles being dropped out as close to the ones that need changing as pos.
    No helicopter so we've our "hagulan" tracked vechicle to drag them out. Gotta build them up on the mountain. Trouble is.not all the gear has turned up. OH well ! Wadda ya gona do. ?

Love all the pictures. Scotland has got to be one of the most beautiful places around. Where I'm from it's all flat corn/soybean fields with the occasional pasture small wooded area thrown in the mix. One of the good things about traveling for work... get to see different landscapes.

Scotland is quite attractive, but remember the old saying "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill." Never underestimate your local scenery. Others might find it just as appealing.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Scotland is quite attractive, but remember the old saying "The grass is greener on the other side of the hill." Never underestimate your local scenery. Others might find it just as appealing.
    You're right. Indiana does have some nice spots, especially southern Indiana.

Where I currently live isn't too bad... quiet, in the country, on the river. View from my front porch last summer.

Name:  front yard.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  99.4 KB

Default Interesting guy assembiles

Bren

Have never seen that type of guy (stay) insulator assemblies in the US. Is there a piece of guy wire held with preform wraplocks or just a special preformed assembly that connects the two insulators? Does the color of the tape have any meaning?
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

I am asking the same question, do those double johnny balls come assembled from the manufacturer that way or do you assemble them that way in the field? We would only use 1 johnny ball, we had large 1s for our 44kv & smaller 1s for our distribution voltages, but now we use a 12" insulated link instead.

Default johnny balls :)

They don't come pre assembled. They come as a kit.two preforrms and a piece of wire. The tape only pinches the wire together to keep the insulators in place. If ya don't tape them the insulators bang together and break. No significance with the tape colour ( except we usually race and ya can tell how many each linemans made. . I will get a pic of them "not made up" when we get some more supplies.

Featured Sponsorr

Why 2 johnny balls? I also noticed you wrap the guy around the pole. We use a guy fitting along with this link http://www.macleanpower.com/products...p?ITEM_ID=2296 We have about 6' of steel then attach the link with preforms then the down guy.