Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How does the overtime work?

Featured Sponsor

just like the title says how does it work. ours is anything more than 8 is time and a half saturday is time and a half sunday is double anything more than 8 on sat is double and sunday is strait double. we used to have nothing but double time but somewere along the lines we gave it up.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Ours is similar to that with some exceptions. All storm work is minimu
    OT. It all depends on your contract.

After 8 hours, time and a half up till midnight. Midnight to 6:00am is double time. The day doesn't matter. Anything on weekends or holidays is 1 1/2 for 6:00am - midight and doubletime just like the rest of the week midnight to 6:00am.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

4. Default

Out here in So Cal, Local 47! Anything over 8 hours is double time no matter what day!

Default Out here

we are 8 straight then 8 time and a half then double time until we get 8 off. Meals are 1 after the first 2 hours and then 1 after every 4 hours. That is on unplanned OT, a planned outage doesnt get meals.

To get real picky I believe you you have to get called out at 6 pm Sunday to stay on double time when the clock hits midnight and becomes Monday. Any time after that and you go down to time and half for Monday.

Default OT here...

We get something similar. Anything after 8 hours in time and a half. Anything after 16 hours is double time. Saturdays are time and a half and Sundays are double bubble. We also have something here called fatiguing out. If you get called in or get stuck working trouble, once you work up to or past 3:30 am, you then fatigue out for that upcoming work day. That basically means you get paid your OT while you are working and then when you get off, you get to rest up and get paid for doing it. Its the best!!

Default me

Time an a half . If we are on overtime . Don't matter if its sat or Sun.

When I worked in new zealand we got double time at the weekend.unless it rained. If it raineed we got treble time from. The time it started raining untill we finished.

We would make a fortune In jockland with them conditions.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Bren. Even a narrowback gets double time on a Sunday here in Scotland, unless things have changed since I last worked weekend on contracting work. Might be worth checking that out.

Incidentally, as a rough rule of thumb to convert between Euros or Pounds to dollars just multiply them by 1.5 .
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Priormilitary View Post
    We get something similar. Anything after 8 hours in time and a half. Anything after 16 hours is double time. Saturdays are time and a half and Sundays are double bubble. We also have something here called fatiguing out. If you get called in or get stuck working trouble, once you work up to or past 3:30 am, you then fatigue out for that upcoming work day. That basically means you get paid your OT while you are working and then when you get off, you get to rest up and get paid for doing it. Its the best!!
    That sounds almost identical to what I'd expect in Scotland. Except one company I worked for in the past just made you keep working well past the fatigue point (think 48 hours or more working continuously without sleep). I had a few close calls working with that particular American owned company. (Hussmann.)
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default I think I'd know

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Bren. Even a narrowback gets double time on a Sunday here in Scotland, unless things have changed since I last worked weekend on contracting work. Might be worth checking that out.

Incidentally, as a rough rule of thumb to convert between Euros or Pounds to dollars just multiply them by 1.5 .
    We get time and a half ..... Sat an Sun. Even in the storms when all hell breaks loose and we get linesmen from all over... THEY GET double time. We don't.

That's why we were no where to be found ( at the last storm).

And ya won't find us helping out in the next one either....

We are heading up to Inverness to do a job left over from the storms. Couple of H poles to be changed with a nice big crane. Should be a giggle.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !