Thread: Tornado season

Default Tornado season

Featured Sponsor

Looks like its that time once again,with the new outbreak of these tornados hitting the midwest........personally Ive never seen one,maybe a funnel cloud as a kid................but I have been to neighborhoods after one has passed by.........what a mess they can cause.........has anyone here actually survived a tornado,if so ,kind of tell us what you seen/felt............everyone thinks it happens to someone else.............but it can happen to anyone...........here in the big city,we dont have sirens to warn us like the small towns do..............if your not watching tv or have a radio...........your on your own......no shelters in the yards here............no basements...............what are some things that can be done before-hand..........I would guess paper-work would have to be in a safe,or a bank deposit box..........Must be tough when theres nothing left,no documents,no home..........I cant imagine.

You DON'T want to see one, that's for sure. For those that have never seen one and want to, you might want another dream. Scary as chit for sure.

And yes it happens in big cities all the time here (but like you said some think it can't happen). The storms of April 27th went through Tuscaloosa and suburbs of Birmingham Alabama that are not small. Just had one rip through towns just NE of Huntsville Alabama earlier today that was nasty as well.

We are still trying to recover from April 27th (the news stations disappeared as quick as they showed up) and January we took another hit and now we are being told today we have TWO rounds of severe weather tonight and early tomorrow with long track tornadoes an issue and high probability.

There should be a lot of crews that owe their year to the state of Alabama alone this year. We are not even into our tornado season yet...

Featured Sponsorr

I agree, if you haven't been in one hope that that continues. I've been in 3 and caught one on video . Looks like a lot of people will be heading down south after today's tornadoes in southern Indiana.