1. Default past/present ELASC students?

Featured Sponsor

Hey all, I wasn't able to get into the ELASC-East Los Angeles Skills Center Climbing School this past Feb 27th, despite me coming the first day and trying to add; however, I talked with Gloria (she's a bit uneasy @ times) and the assistant principal and they said they went up to June 2010 for the waiting list. My question is, I have been on the wait list since Nov. 2010, do any of you think I'll able to get into the next class? Since everyone there says "it's hard to say" this and that and just gives me the run around, I figure I ask around here for any possible insight. 0.How many invitations do they send out? I know they accept aprox. 60 students and it's on a first come first serve basis, in terms of registration and payment. Do you have to pay the whole $1200 or can you pay in increments? Lastly, what are the days and times of the course and how long is the class in terms of months? Thxs

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 909preapprentice View Post
    Hey all, I wasn't able to get into the ELASC-East Los Angeles Skills Center Climbing School this past Feb 27th, despite me coming the first day and trying to add; however, I talked with Gloria (she's a bit uneasy @ times) and the assistant principal and they said they went up to June 2010 for the waiting list. My question is, I have been on the wait list since Nov. 2010, do any of you think I'll able to get into the next class? Since everyone there says "it's hard to say" this and that and just gives me the run around, I figure I ask around here for any possible insight. 0.How many invitations do they send out? I know they accept aprox. 60 students and it's on a first come first serve basis, in terms of registration and payment. Do you have to pay the whole $1200 or can you pay in increments? Lastly, what are the days and times of the course and how long is the class in terms of months? Thxs

You might want to check out LA Trade-Tech College they have the same full time course for about $300+ just need ur tools and from what understand it's on a first come first serve basis so look into it. I think they already started this semester, but you might want to check out there website don't hurt....

3. Default no!

Nah...you can't just add the course anymore....it's two pre-req's that have to be completed to get into the class. A handtool class and an electrical math/calculations course that MUST be completed b4 enrollment into trade tech's line school. By the time I complete those pre-req's I'd be in ELASC already. But thxs anyway!

I'm taking the pre-req's right now, hoping to take the lattc lineman class spring semester 2013

909preapprentice when are you taking the ELASC climbing class?

5. Talking

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by 323potential View Post
    I'm taking the pre-req's right now, hoping to take the lattc lineman class spring semester 2013

909preapprentice when are you taking the ELASC climbing class?
    I should be able to get into ELASC this september, if they haven't f***ed up the list. I been waiting since october 2010. The rep. said that they called ppl up until June 2010 for the class that just started on the 27th of Feb. It's a six month program. Lattc is a great program...I past by it all the time when I'm on the blue line train station.......today I literally seen only 7 guys with the instructor. The 1st day I tried to add the class, the instructor said I'd have to complete those two pre-req's mentioned above. The class was a full house...literally like 30 guys and another 15 tryna add. Now it's down to SEVEN from what i seen today! However, if I don't get into the ELASC class by this september, I'll be seeing you Spring 2013 brother!!!