Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: skin a cat

Default good idea :)

Featured Sponsor

I will try your method on the next one clive...

If it works we shall name it ... "The CLIVE caber toss method".

Keep taking the tablets "brother".
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Just make sure you video it.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default setting and xfering old pole.

Drop outside phase down off rotten pole,attach middle phase to existing old good pole,cut old pole off a little above ground line with digger attached.After cutting rotten pole off set old pole to side enough to set new pole to best accomodate you for arm xfer. The pole should balance itself.Drive a ground rod in center of rotten pole with hilty gun, pull butt with bulldog grip.Set new pole in same hole reamed out to proper depth.Tie old pole to the one you just set.Begin transfer from old pole to new one.Utilizing your chain saw to accomodate the xfer.
    Last edited by birdog37; 03-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Drop outside phase on the side your changing out the pole. Take a short web strap around the arm and to a 1.5 ton hoist right above the x braces. Tighten it up a little. On pin the arm on the bad pole yank it out and plant a new one. Pretty easy. We do 4 a day and you gotta drag the trucks in with dozers.

If its double arms it's easy too. Take a strap around each arm and up to the static with ton and a half hoists. Leave enough room for the old pole to be slid into the middle of the structure. Tighten the hoists un pin the arm. Take you a car jack (be sure to tie it to an arm) and jack the arms apart to give you some room. Now it's time to grab the pole with the digger and cut it off about ground level. Slide it in towards the middle of the structure and set it on an outrigger pad. Clean out the hole and set the new pole. Now stab your arms transfer the static and pull up the dropped out phase.

Piece of cake.

Default I've decided

We've got to use the company "aproved" method that I showed earlier....

BUT if I can try another way ............ I think big Clives Scotish caber tossing method is favorite. .
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Featured Sponsorr

Ummmmmm as the title implies there are a number of ways to do this. I beleve all of em mentioned thus far would work just fine.( ummmmm maybe not clives) but it is interesting to see how it would be done by different folks.I spect before itz over n dun with there will be several more workable methods.