Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Storm in Northern Michigan

Featured Sponsor

I haven't posted in a few days, we've had a heck of a snowstorm hit us. We got 16" of heavy, heavy snow in our service territory. At one point, over 2/3 of our members were without power. We've brought in help from 2 contractors, 3 other co-ops and 3 munis from our state. It hit Friday night and will be Friday before everyone is back on. Amazing amount of devestation.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Blog Entries

Stay safe Duck.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

30 more linemen joining our battle this morning. Most of the snow has melted, but there are trees down everywhere. I'll post some pics after we get this done.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

I missed this thread! You guys stay safe DH!

Duckhunter you work for Cherryland? If you do, you have a young landy named lori as a scheduler or something like that? If so tell Newsy hello from AEP three Rivers.
    Be safe!

Scott,
    She said hello back at you.

Default Some pictures

Here is a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default A few more

Name:  2012g.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  100.4 KBName:  2012l.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  58.2 KBName:  2012i.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  102.0 KB

Default Down to 40 members out

Featured Sponsorr

Started with 20,000 a week ago. We had help from Wolverine Power Supply, Holland PDW, Grand Haven DPW, Homeworks Tri-County, Midwest Energy, CC Power, SKF Line Contracting, United Powerline, Hydecker Wheatlake, NG Gilbert, Townsend Tree service, Brooks Tree service, Great Lakes Power & Pipe and Cloverland Electric Cooperative all helped our crews.

Biggest outage we've had in our 73 year history.

All work done with no injuries.

Well done guys and gals!