Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    Started with 20,000 a week ago. We had help from Wolverine Power Supply, Holland PDW, Grand Haven DPW, Homeworks Tri-County, Midwest Energy, CC Power, SKF Line Contracting, United Powerline, Hydecker Wheatlake, NG Gilbert, Townsend Tree service, Brooks Tree service, Great Lakes Power & Pipe and Cloverland Electric Cooperative all helped our crews.

Biggest outage we've had in our 73 year history.

All work done with no injuries.

Well done guys and gals!
    That is quite a storm Duck.........73 years huh............thats older than most of us......hope the lakes arent frozen over...............I know you want back into the water.

Default well done

Well done DH. You an everyone else involved.... Powerlines ,snow andtrees always aa bad mix.. stay safe guys.... Ya should be PROUD !!!!!

Ps "nice pics" thanks for sharing.... Safe home.... An well done again.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    That is quite a storm Duck.........73 years huh............thats older than most of us......hope the lakes arent frozen over...............I know you want back into the water.
    Didn't say I'd been here that long! We had the dreaded blizzard of 78, I didn't work here then but the guys that did says it only took 3 days to restore. That had been our biggest, another a few years ago the same.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Glad everyone is safe. I wondered how you managed to get thru the snow in a bucket truck. Funny how the average person doesn't know these things----especially average and where it doesn't snow!

Nice pics DH.

Ummmmmmmmm over the years i have worked on lottsa storm damages and absolutely none of em are as bad as an ice storm. Aside from the fact that itz cold n mizerble and often wet, Nothing can be depended on to work as it should. Closed switches cant be opened because the blades or linkage are frozen in a solid block of ice, Open switches cant be closed for the same reason. Fused locations often require a larger than normal fuse to pick up all the resistance loads.A leaning and iced pole can be quite a challenge to climb. Trees and limbs are usually all over the circuit . Everyone is freezing their hind ends off and the streets are frozen over.I'd druther werk a hurricane or a Tornado anyday. Congrats an a job well done Duckiie

Default ice gaffs

We've got "ice gaffs" that we attach to our pole strop that digs into the snow and ice to add GRIP.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    We've got "ice gaffs" that we attach to our pole strop that digs into the snow and ice to add GRIP.
    Id like to see those ice gaffs............never even heard of them....................but it does snow here pretty often..............and Im a conductor of a symphony too.

Default I remember the ice storm of 78

I was still in school 7th or 8t grade I think. But we where up all night because of all the trees falling down. It sounded like the whole woods was falling down around us.

It took over a week for the power company to arrive, But we had power in one house.

One tree had pulled the service off my mommas pole and another tree pulled the service off the neighbors house.

I hooked them together with 2 sets of jumper cables.

That Consumers power guy.

Default Radon your makeing me seem old

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by RadonHuffer View Post
    I was still in school 7th or 8t grade I think. But we where up all night because of all the trees falling down. It sounded like the whole woods was falling down around us.

It took over a week for the power company to arrive, But we had power in one house.

One tree had pulled the service off my mommas pole and another tree pulled the service off the neighbors house.

I hooked them together with 2 sets of jumper cables.

That Consumers power guy.
    ummmmm.........looking back that far..........1978..........i was 18 back then......getting ready to join the army..................the 70s were good times.