Thread: Money?

Default Money?

Featured Sponsor

Hey guys hope its not to personal but whats the most you have cleared in a year and what is the average yearly salary journeyman and punks. is the money better with contractors or utility.

2. Default

I'm just an ape, but I cleared 70 last year. If moneys the only reason your looking into this you may wanna rethink it though.. lol

money is not the only reason just curious,

born in raised in Ohio, Lineman on the road in California and wherever storms take me

This is such a loaded question to ask because there are tons of variables that go into it. To get a better comparison you should be asking a few other questions such as union or non union, location, contractor or utility, private utility or REA.

Just from my past history (worked at a REA in ohio) the lineman averaged about $65,000 for the year. One left and went to a private utility about 60 miles away and made $115,000 his first year there. Biggest difference was that the REA had a much better system and did not have very many outages.

Last year in California as a union contractor I grossed $182,000 and took about 2.5 months of the year off. So far this year I have made just over $60,000.

The pay scale varies so much though from coast to coast there is no real way of knowing what to expect. Also it comes down to how much you want to work. I am a younger lineman and am trying to work as much as I can now so that i can work less when I am older.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman2010 View Post
    This is such a loaded question to ask because there are tons of variables that go into it. To get a better comparison you should be asking a few other questions such as union or non union, location, contractor or utility, private utility or REA.

Just from my past history (worked at a REA in ohio) the lineman averaged about $65,000 for the year. One left and went to a private utility about 60 miles away and made $115,000 his first year there. Biggest difference was that the REA had a much better system and did not have very many outages.

Last year in California as a union contractor I grossed $182,000 and took about 2.5 months of the year off. So far this year I have made just over $60,000.

The pay scale varies so much though from coast to coast there is no real way of knowing what to expect. Also it comes down to how much you want to work. I am a younger lineman and am trying to work as much as I can now so that i can work less when I am older.
    I like you. You talk straight, honest Sh$t.

Featured Sponsorr

non union contractor- 2 year apprentice- 36,000-45,000 per year.....uhhh sucks....good thing i like the work and "wanna be a lineman"