Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default things left behind

Featured Sponsor

What do you suspose lineman forget about the most,tools that are left behind on a job,pliers,screw drivers,squeeze tools,grips,extendo sticks,what things have you found?

If found my 6" shifter on top of a x-arm doing a lighting arrestor change on a TX some years after the tradesman who borrowed it missed placed it. We were finally reunited

Ummmmmmmmm I found a hammer on top of a timber the day after I misplaced mine.I dun found several grips at the butts of poles that evidently the grunts neglected to pick up. N maybe a skinnin knife or two. But I have found every kinda tool imaginable layin out inna middle of a road sumwheres. Course I dun lost a slew of em ridin down a country road fulla potholes wif my tool tray hangin offa the bucket.I iz retired now n dont want no tools........ kaint do nuffin but werk wiffem

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    I iz retired now n dont want no tools........ kaint do nuffin but werk wiffem
    You never use your Kleins anymore? I know you are retired, but even the Boss uses these when he is off work. He has an 125 yr.anniversary pair he keeps in the hall closet.

Ummmmmmmm Ok My tools have prolly dood as much werk cents I retired az Ole Swamps did before he retired, Ummmmmmmmm I reckon they wuz jus usta bein used n wudnt stop when I told em to.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
    If found my 6" shifter on top of a x-arm doing a lighting arrestor change on a TX some years after the tradesman who borrowed it missed placed it. We were finally reunited
    you mean years later,did you see it from the ground or were you picking up wire and happened to come across it?.........by the way ,what is a 6'' shifter?

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    You never use your Kleins anymore? I know you are retired, but even the Boss uses these when he is off work. He has an 125 yr.anniversary pair he keeps in the hall closet.
    I agree mrs.Art,he might have more tools than a storeroom..........i know pawnshops have lots of tools that have been found on jobsites.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    you mean years later,did you see it from the ground or were you picking up wire and happened to come across it?.........by the way ,what is a 6'' shifter?
    Shifter, adjustable spanner or adjustable wrench.

The question is... Was it rusted solid or still usable.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Shifter, adjustable spanner or adjustable wrench.

The question is... Was it rusted solid or still usable.
    thanks again Clive,used to leave those small digital voltmeters behind and find myself back at the home depot..........and used to leave notes behind ,written inside urd transformers.............the note was meant for a certain individual and it said (no meter)..........because he always wondered why ,on some ct jobs there would be an empty type of meter base saying no meter...........kind of an inside joke.

Featured Sponsorr

Well Poot I have never heard of tools getting retired. Now I have heard of the odd guy retiring and we just lost a set of tools of the truck. I have been using my original pair of kleins, 23 years now. I think they would like to retire!