Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Sad but one more worker dies.

Featured Sponsor

Follow the link for the only information so far. Very sad.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/articl...-electrocution

hmmm. double circuit inter-sets with no rubbers on? i wonder if it contacted the pole ground or just the pole.. pretty sad.

3. Default Conductive pole

It really doesn't matter whether there was a pole ground on the pole or not. A fully treated pole will carry enough current to kill.
    The Old Lineman

Ummmmmmmm Yes and it is a sad commentary that with all the many injuries and deaths that have came from exactly this kinda thing that its still going on.THIS should be one of if not the first thing a newhire learns, No exceptions.I was told that a new pole was about 90 percent conductive and to never ever try and handle one without rubber gloves. learned that rule on day one and followed it until day zero.

For all you young'ins if you can't stand in your hooks in the primary zone and handle a single phase without rubber gloves why would you think handling a pole traveling thru hot primary would be any different? Like Poot said this is one of the most deadly acts line hands do.

Same old story repeating over and over again. This is without doubt the biggest cause of death as indicated by the reports on this forum.

I bet they didn't have an AED.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Where were the pole barrels???

Default The story only changes the names

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and all those workers invilved. Who will now step up and make changes at that contractor? Who will say ENOUGH! This is inexcusable, and the sad part is that we will read about it again and again before the year ends. Only the names will change.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

First and most important, my thoughts and prayers are for the mans family, so sorry for their loss. Since it is still being investigated we don't the whole story. Were these poles being installed or removed?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm Yes and it is a sad commentary that with all the many injuries and deaths that have came from exactly this kinda thing that its still going on.THIS should be one of if not the first thing a newhire learns, No exceptions.I was told that a new pole was about 90 percent conductive and to never ever try and handle one without rubber gloves. learned that rule on day one and followed it until day zero.
    Yup, what Poot said. I was taught the same thing many years ago! What a waste!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!