Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Moonshine. (It's not just for rednecks.)

Featured Sponsor

Given the number of rednecks on this forum, I thought I'd drop this sweet little link to a Wikipedia article on Moonshine variants by country...

(Thanks to Swampy and Bren for the mention of Everclear and Irish Poitin that made me find this.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshine_by_country
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Given the number of rednecks on this forum, I thought I'd drop this sweet little link to a Wikipedia article on Moonshine variants by country...

(Thanks to Swampy and Bren for the mention of Everclear and Irish Poitin that made me find this.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshine_by_country
    WOW! That was an interesting read.

And then inevitably I ended up on YouTube watching people make their own spirits with sugar and yeast from the local Walmart and using a water distiller off ebay to distil spirit from it. I wondered how they avoided the dodgy methanol and it appears they just discard the first percentage out the distiller.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    And then inevitably I ended up on YouTube watching people make their own spirits with sugar and yeast from the local Walmart and using a water distiller off ebay to distil spirit from it. I wondered how they avoided the dodgy methanol and it appears they just discard the first percentage out the distiller.
    And THAT Clive is "Everclear", if you run it 4-5 Times. The rule of thumb for "Quality" is 100 gals. of Sugar, water and yeast mash, make 10 Gals. of 190 Proof.

ummmmmm fer the same money a Feller kin get a bottle of decent sour mash n not hafta werry bout goin blind or wakin up dead

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    ummmmmm fer the same money a Feller kin get a bottle of decent sour mash n not hafta werry bout goin blind or wakin up dead
    Well, that's a load of cr$p.
    You obviously don't know nuthin bout purity, and quality pootster. Or good home made Legal, "sippin Whiskey".
    Even though your avitar, and your talk, says ya "ought to know".

You'd have to 'ctually try it, to make a comparison. AND, just buyin Everclear, and "makin" your own "sour mash", and hearin your friends, say... "Da$n!!, What is that? That's awsome!!!"

Just Fun. I Drink mostly Rum myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Yeah, but if you're less fussy you can make a 750ml bottle of your own spirit with just a gallon of water, a bag of sugar and a packet of yeast.

Then there's the simple fun of actually doing something naughty. And as long as you discard a sensible first percentage you'll not get any more methanol than a generic bottle of spirit.

Your avatar looks like he would make moonshine Poot. With bananas.

www.bigclive.com

Ummmmmmm jus fer the rekkerd Ummmmm I mite have had a swaller or two in my day, But I have failed to gain any affinity for the bad head which accompanies such nasty concoctions.Bleve I'll stick with store bought spirits that were intended to be swaller friendly. I mite also add that I dont steal the neighbors chickens either.

Not even the eggs Poot?

Featured Sponsorr

I had an uncle who put an addition on his house a number of years ago. Built a still right into the chimney chase. He used to run a couple of batches a year and did it up right. Several passes through the still and then finished off by filtering through charcoal. Stuff was so clear that you could hold a mason jar full of it up to the light and not be able to tell whether the jar was empty or not. Smooth, oh man was it smooth. Never so much as a headache from drinking it. He has since passed on and as far as I know never passed on his recipe to anyone. Sure do miss it.
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman