1. Default Powerline Technician College Program in Ontario, Canada

Featured Sponsor

Hello,

I am currently 25 years old and want to change my career. I recently got accepted to the Powerline Technician program offered at Algonquin College in Ottawa. This is only their second year running the program. Its a 2 year program with 2 co-op terms. I have talked to a recruiter from the college who told me that Hydro Ottawa have hired most of the students that are in their 2nd co-op term. Does anyone have any thoughts and views on these programs offered at colleges in Ontario? Would it be a good way to go?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

There is some good info relating to your area in this thread

http://powerlineman.com/lforum/showt...nician-Program

You could also try contacting lewy or rob8210 I blieve they're on your side of the country and may have some advice for ya.
    A trade not properly learned is an enemy.

Ummmmmm check with ROB 8210 or Lewy...... Both are canadian and prolly would know more than us US guys. Its Ok theys both nice guys and wont bite ya

4. Default

Thanks for the info guys. I will contact them and see what they have to say.

Thanks again

Featured Sponsorr

well it sounds promising if the previous class all got hired.... Good luck

its usually your best bet to getting into the trade. i think if i never went to line school, id probably still be begging for a job somewhere. (2 years ago)