Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Fitness Incentives

Featured Sponsor

Do you have fitness incentives where you work? We have had them for several years and have good participation. Our last incentive just completed and if you took part you recieve a $100 gift card. We had 62% of all employees take part.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Blog Entries

Where I'm at, if you participate in what I'll call a "monitored program" you receive a reduction in your portion of health care costs.....
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

A little shack on the side of a bluff in Western NC

We have them where I work too, but I don't participate. My wife & I walk 3 miles a day, and I work out at the gym 3 days a week to try and stay in shape. The piddly ass amount of $$ I would get to grant access to way too much of my information just ain't worth it.
    I'm much too young to feel this damm old!

I'm with JD here. Big brothers nose up your butt again.
    I'm gonna borrow the money for my retirement box.

is this really under accidents and near misses??????
    People die and become incapacitated on this job.....how is your question on this forum. insulting.....

Quote Originally Posted by msutz View Post
    is this really under accidents and near misses??????
    People die and become incapacitated on this job.....how is your question on this forum. insulting.....
    Look at the title: Safety Meeting. Accidents and Near Misses. Many companies have fitness incentives because their employees are already taking part in their own program. So you get someting over and above what the contract calls for for recording what you do anyway. Employees that exercise generally have less sprain and strain injuries on the job. I guess our linemen aren't as easily insulted as you.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Ya didn't offend me and I'm not a lineman. We have the same thing in the educational system or in our district. We have a representative for each school from the Wellness Committee. I think it's a good thing myself. I hope our school wins this year, but we are a very small group.

Didn't offend me in the least. Duckhunter has a point, by sponsoring fitness programs companies are helping employees to keep in shape giving them a better shot at avoiding injuries. I have never worked for a company that did that but I know of a couple of PUCs that did, it amounted to paying for the membership. Of course the motive is to keep you in shape and fit enough to come to work everyday and not off with a sprain or strain injury. Seems like a win win to me.

Years back the company wanted to know who smoked,like they didnt already know,,,when answering yes your insurance went up,which I can understand......some companies are fiddleing with the same type of deal meant for over-weight employees,which I can understand......the airlines are always in the news about passengers that are obese.......I do know some folks that wouldnt even make it to their seat on an airplane,the isles are too narrow to navigate even sideways............and what if your sitting next to the guy on a plane and his fat is lapped over the armrest into your seat,how would that make you feel.....it is a sensitive subject and even I can understand some of their concerns.

Featured Sponsorr

when I was in the PSI program at first energy the first thing we did every morning was stretch, jumping jacks, jog in place and push ups then our morning warm up climbs.. we would go up to a local gym and lift most nights also, but we did that on our own... no one ever got hurt!