Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default hello there clyde....

Featured Sponsor

sooooo. c your point with aed's....you still have a very dangerous industury. i am a nurse, and my husband did your stuff for a while.....lets actually look out for our backs and save some lives... but the rhetoric is good toooooo.........good luck to all of you young guys out there.....mine new what he was doing

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    What's really repulsive is that some companies have AEDs in their offices for the office staff, but the guys working on live electrical equipment who SHOULD have them don't.
    I've been reading these forums for a couple years now and thanks to this comment I decided to register and post up. Really just for the simple fact that this is has been common practice at our Utility since I've been employed there...AED's in the offices and not a one can be found on a single line truck or Crew Lead pickup. Clive do you have any literature or advice on how to even start a push for AED's? Mind you this is a Utility with a Safety Team thats rather large and travels a ways up the ladder, point being one lonely Lineman isnt going to get things changed in a day. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    Has it been THAT Long Clive, since you and I talked about this, and we created this graphic?? Really??? 7 years!!! DA$M!!!!

I know this isn't the one we finally decided on...but it is the only one I could find on short notice. Very interesting... Duckhunter's Utility, evidently has the AED, and quite obviously, they are maintaing the devices on their Trucks. "One small Step for Linemen".

One heck of a photo,and what an interesting vid that lineman has....makes you think twice doesnt it?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnuf View Post
    I've been reading these forums for a couple years now and thanks to this comment I decided to register and post up. Really just for the simple fact that this is has been common practice at our Utility since I've been employed there...AED's in the offices and not a one can be found on a single line truck or Crew Lead pickup. Clive do you have any literature or advice on how to even start a push for AED's? Mind you this is a Utility with a Safety Team thats rather large and travels a ways up the ladder, point being one lonely Lineman isnt going to get things changed in a day. Thanks in advance!
    I think a good start is to make your co-workers aware of the ready availability of these machines that were originally designed for lineworkers and are totally affordable. Then make your safety management aware of them and mention that other utilities are issuing them. It's worth pointing out that issuing AEDs to all the crews could be a lot cheaper than a single fatality and that they make very good "press".
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com