Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Linemans Videos

Default Linemans Videos

Featured Sponsor

I'll start the Thread, and maby LA Can make it a "Sticky" and then transfer those Vids STLmo1986 posted in the Vids Thread over here. This should be a neat thread of Linemen and Linecrews in "Action".

This is one from STLmo1986:

Quote Originally Posted by STLmo1986 View Post

Default Can Anyone Explain THIS

To me????
    Last edited by LostArt; 05-06-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Another one from STLmo1986

Thought this was kind of cool

Another from STLmo1986...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    To me????
    believe I saw those in another video, it connects two lines together, the explosion makes the connector implode and bang! connected. lemme see if I can find the video that I saw it in

found it, go to 2:31 and that'll explain it. also an entertaining video
    Last edited by STLmo1986; 05-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.

moved some others over here

the thing that gets me about this one is when they show the Indian guy up on the tower working, no shoes! I realize thats how they do things over there. but ****!

Thanks man! Never heard of such a thing!! WOW! Wonder if anybody on here has actually done that?

Conn. Loot & Plunder is in the process this week in Manchester Ct. they're in the middle of running a 4 miles of 345 line out of the sub to make a couple of two terminal lines out of a three terminal line. We've been getting a couple of notices a week telling the people in town of the deadending will sound like intermintant claps of thunder. They say it's cutting edge I've seen a splice that was cut open and you could hardly see the strands of conductor. As I recall the original video from a few years ago was filmed on the same ROW, CL&P bought into this big time and I believe that's all they use on transmission now.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
    Conn. Loot & Plunder is in the process this week in Manchester Ct. they're in the middle of running a 4 miles of 345 line out of the sub to make a couple of two terminal lines out of a three terminal line. We've been getting a couple of notices a week telling the people in town of the deadending will sound like intermintant claps of thunder. They say it's cutting edge I've seen a splice that was cut open and you could hardly see the strands of conductor. As I recall the original video from a few years ago was filmed on the same ROW, CL&P bought into this big time and I believe that's all they use on transmission now.
    That's really awsome....
    Eespecially the part about "I've seen a splice that was cut open and you could hardly see the strands of conductor."

The Technology now days is truly Amazing. THAT is really incredible. Limited in it's use, Looks to be only usable in Transmission, I'd wager, but one cool Tool.

Really neat to see and hear about New stuff like this, as a retired Lineman.