Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

Default Peeves

Featured Sponsor

"I guess my biggest one is after racking the bucket, some dumbass lifting the outriggers before I get out of the bucket,off the truck and get my feet back on the ground. I took a quick trip to the ground once because of that. Was straddle of the bucket getting out, and up came the knees! Needless to say, after my cuss fit and chewing some asses....it never happened again." Posted by J426H

I make it very clear if i'm in the bucket let me KNOW you are raising the riggers and if your in the bucket i will let you know.......
    Been to hell but the DEVIL said i was a crazy Motherfu&$er

I once worked for a guy that wanted his washers diamond shaped. Why? So water runs off them right. But what about curved washers? F*** off he said

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    I once worked for a guy that wanted his washers diamond shaped. Why? So water runs off them right. But what about curved washers? F*** off he said
    Thats funny.this isnt even the joke thread.....so that the water runs off them right....did I get that right....so the water runs off them right......that is funny..........once while up a service pole,I told another young Jy that the drops had several bad spots in them....the rubber coated #4 drops......I climbed down and walked over to the line truck and overheard him telling the headlineman what I said......they were on the other side of the truck......then the headlineman yells at him saying...........ARE THEY GETTING TWO -ucking FOURTY?.....jy says yes......headlineman says ......-uck those drpos........so the jy walks to my side of the truck.....and I ask him what the headlineman said..........he tells me ....-uck those drops

I was talkin about square washers not the round ones always square um.. sorry fellas

I was talking about square washers too, duh!!!

Worked for an REA that wanted the washers squared because when the wood shrunk over time the washer would "diamond" indicating the bolt was loose.

As for my pet peeve it's leaving bin doors open. If your workin of the side and come down out of the air with the door open it gets bent to he**. Lay down bins that you are in alot are cool thought like the bolt bin.

Smile

Thirteen years after I retired, who gives d--- what my pet peeve was, but here it is."People that wouldn't take the time to block and key an unguyed pole properly and then a few months later someone else had to do it right." Be safe and look out for your buddy.
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Quote Originally Posted by polehiker View Post
    Thirteen years after I retired, who gives d--- what my pet peeve was, but here it is."People that wouldn't take the time to block and key an unguyed pole properly and then a few months later someone else had to do it right." Be safe and look out for your buddy.
    Thanks polehiker.......key...I havent heard that term in years,and havent seen a pole keyed in the same amount of years......you might have lost some of the newer guys on that one.

Im curious.how is a pole block and keyed?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by STLmo1986 View Post
    Im curious.how is a pole block and keyed?
    the way we do it is take a 3 or 4 foot piece of pole, slice it down the middle and bury it just below ground level crossways on the stress side of the pole (round part toward pole and flat side toward dirt) and done correctly it will help hold the strain on an un guyed pole. we still do it quite often.