Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default nobody knows,but its no secret

Featured Sponsor

Anyone seen/have this situation.....theres one area in the local utilitys territory where another utility has its distrubution lines either over or under the utilitys lines......a deceased lineman told me of that area years ago.....and its still out there...other than that older guy...i have never heard anyone mention the hazards to look for.....when sent to that area there is no warning from dispatchers or anybody else......you can imagine what kinds of things can happen.....totally different feeder with a totally different utility......other than that lineman,Ive never heard a word spoken of it.

ummmmmmmmmmm kinda unlikely. Anywheres we butted up to sumbody elses territory we had a line on one side of the hwy n theirs wuz onna udder, even if it fed from ours( Co-Op).No pole had both lines onnit ever. I bleve that wud be a law suit jus waitin to happen

We have some joint use poles with Hydro One, but it is never an issue as we both know who owns what & we use the same work protection code so that also makes it easy when either needs isolation or hold offs.

I work for a muni and the Co-op is on the same poles as us. We all know who's is who's and we work together. Never been a problem...

Seen it in Lafayette Louisiana, they told us that in a lot of places there would be 3 different utilities on the pole, Lafayette, Entergy and I believe Slemco, can't recall running into it at to many other places.

we have several joint poles with another utility, never been a problem for us.

Well this is near Texas City ,League City,and the Lamarque area...down towards Galveston......by the way Mr.Poot the other is owned by Texas New Mexico...which I think Entergy owns......I believe what the old lineman was stressing was the use of grounds....and if one of their lines were to fall between the grounds while your also between them,it would create a hazard.......like during or after a storm.

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Well this is near Texas City ,League City,and the Lamarque area...down towards Galveston......by the way Mr.Poot the other is owned by Texas New Mexico...which I think Entergy owns......I believe what the old lineman was stressing was the use of grounds....and if one of their lines were to fall between the grounds while your also between them,it would create a hazard.......like during or after a storm.
    Seen what your talking about down there in Texas City. Did some work for TNMP and the BP refinery. Scary stuff. Speaking of BP tell me that's not a racket. BP generates the power, sells it to TNMP, then TNMP sells it back to them. Makes no sense but that's how they explained it to us when we built that 138 line coming out of BP on the 120 foot spun concrete poles.

Quote Originally Posted by Special ED View Post
    Seen what your talking about down there in Texas City. Did some work for TNMP and the BP refinery. Scary stuff. Speaking of BP tell me that's not a racket. BP generates the power, sells it to TNMP, then TNMP sells it back to them. Makes no sense but that's how they explained it to us when we built that 138 line coming out of BP on the 120 foot spun concrete poles.
    Honestly Ed,nothing about BP surprises me,thats believable......what I find scary is that its well known that some of the stuff they have inside the plant is so toxic,that even a small amount can kill thousands.........when I say small,Im talking less than a gallon,way less......talking about a nightmare waiting to happen........with their record?

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Honestly Ed,nothing about BP surprises me,thats believable......what I find scary is that its well known that some of the stuff they have inside the plant is so toxic,that even a small amount can kill thousands.........when I say small,Im talking less than a gallon,way less......talking about a nightmare waiting to happen........with their record?
    True story. Lol grounded my bucket one day cause the wind was blowing the exhaust from the vents right at me. I didn't take no chances around that place. I did enjoy how very very rarely it would rain there. Youd see rain coming and once it got near BP the clouds would part and go around the plant with all the heat it puts off. Very weird.