Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Nook, Kindle, or Ipad?

Featured Sponsor

Which do you have? At the moment I don't have any of them. However, I'm trying to decide which is the best for me and the bang for my money.

Any guros of the Eworld know? If so, post. There are probably more than just me that want to know!

Ummmmmmm I had kinda thunk on gettin one but after seein that the cost of the books for em were maybe only a dollar less than a paperback Ummmmmmmmmmm whuts the point? N besides ya never ever hafta recharge the battery on the real book. Ummmmmm so I kinda decided it wudnt be cost effective to get one

Mom has a Kindle. She loves it. She says there are some free books to download. And we give her gift cards to get more. But, she reads more than I do.

I'm not too advanced on the tech age much. Other than I know the costs. Mostly teacher classroom products they are using now. Everywhere I look someone has an ipad. It's just about advanced the texting trend.

I still can't get over going to a meeting and someone either has an ipad they are pecking on or their phones. In a meeting! I don't even take my phone into a business meeting. I leave it in my car. Just seems rude to me. No one is looking or seems to be paying attention to the speaker. Crazy stuff.

Default I pad 2

Just got an ipad 2..... But not allowed to turn it on yet ( birthday prezzie). I will let ya know how I get on with it when "I'm allowed".
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

I think it really depends on what you want to do with it. If its only for reading, I have heard very good things about the regular kindle. You can also "share" books by checking them out with other readers at amazon. The battery life of these are very good. They last for weeks because there isn't alot of extra stuff and color and etc.

Yeah, let me know Bren. When's the Bday?

Thank you Johnny. So the regular Kindle is better than Kindle Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Yeah, let me know Bren. When's the Bday?

Thank you Johnny. So the regular Kindle is better than Kindle Fire?
    It really depends on if you only want to use it to read books. If that is the only thing, the regular kindle was built specifically for that, and its better and cheaper. But if you want to read books, and get on the internet, stream video, etc. The kindle fire will do that as well. But then the battery life is worst and its not as nice to read.

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Just got an ipad 2..... But not allowed to turn it on yet ( birthday prezzie). I will let ya know how I get on with it when "I'm allowed".
    Don't you mean an iPad 3? Or has someone bought you an older model?

Despite not being a big Apple fan, I do have an iPad 2. It's very slick because it is such a totally standardised piece of hardware.

If LA is likely to be reading her book outdoors or in a bright area, then maybe the Kindle is the best option, since it is very visible in sunlight.

If you search about on the 'net, there are plenty of free book files available for reading.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

If you want something to just read books, thats it. KINDLE. The screen is made to be like reading a paper page. Very cool. Easy to read in bright light and all. If you want something that does a lot of things, internet, email, games, etc. Go with the iPad. The kindle fire is, IMO, trying to be like an ipad to begin with. So it just depends on what ya see yourself doing with it.

Featured Sponsorr

That's what they keep telling me if I just want to use it for reading to just stick with regular Kindle. And thanks about telling me which one to use outdoors! Yep, I do read outside sometimes.

Thanks guys!