Thread: Duke Energy

Default Duke Energy

Featured Sponsor

I'm sure everybody knows now Duke and Progress energy have merged. As anybody heard if the merger will be a good thing or a bad thing even now with Duke firing Bill Johnson? Hows does Duke treat their employee's, union and non union. thanks for the info.

A little shack on the side of a bluff in Western NC

Unhappy

Big Bill got F'd big time! He never struck me as a quitter, so the BS that was in the media about him quitting with a "Mutual Agreement" is just a smoke screen. He was a good CEO for Progress Energy, and was a damm good lawyer before that. I think Duke's board was afraid of him, and planned to $hitcan him all along. I'll be surprised if we ever hear the truth. The New Duke org. chart will start ringing like a pinball machine with more Progress Energy Execs falling off of it in the near future, and I look for the new stock price to drop because of it. From what I've heard, eyebrows have been raised at the NC Utilities Commision about the abrupt change as well. I know several guys who work for Duke, and they all seem pretty happy.....even if they do make less money than their peers at PEC. Hopefully, one of these days when the $hit stops stinkin, we will be able to say we're happy working there too.
    I'm much too young to feel this damm old!

Angry

Well....I was just browsin around, and reread the words I wrote 5 years ago and thought I would give a little update. Instead of doing the right thing, and raising the legacy Dook people up to what we made at Progress Energy, they cut our pay! Nobody is happy anywhere in the company, no matter which legacy company they came from. Save for the suck ups! Our management doesn't give a frogs fat ass about the employees. I hope the folks at South Carolina Electric and Gas folks know how lucky they got the other day when Dominion bought them rather than Dook! I don't know if I can stand the few years I have left or not! I've been offered several good jobs by contractors....but it's right back on Dook property, so what would be the point? I may go to work at the bus station....pickin fleas off of Greyhounds. It's gotta be better than workin for Dook!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JD426H View Post
    Well....I was just browsin around, and reread the words I wrote 5 years ago and thought I would give a little update. Instead of doing the right thing, and raising the legacy Dook people up to what we made at Progress Energy, they cut our pay! Nobody is happy anywhere in the company, no matter which legacy company they came from. Save for the suck ups! Our management doesn't give a frogs fat ass about the employees. I hope the folks at South Carolina Electric and Gas folks know how lucky they got the other day when Dominion bought them rather than Dook! I don't know if I can stand the few years I have left or not! I've been offered several good jobs by contractors....but it's right back on Dook property, so what would be the point? I may go to work at the bus station....pickin fleas off of Greyhounds. It's gotta be better than workin for Dook!
    Hang in there man!!! The same happened to us when worst energy bought us. I put in 11 years working for them, it got better once we won $16 million in an arbitration case against them. It took a while but they calmed down a little.

you say they cut your pay, I must assume you are non union?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Yeah, non union as I'm actually not in the line crew anymore. Where I work, the lineman are non union....but I've signed a card 3 times during my career when the IBEW came around to organize. We always got out voted by the folks down east though! I was an hourly employee with Progress Energy, and Dook changed all of the people that do what I do to salary. It cost me about 10 grand a year, and I never worked any OT unless it was a big storm or something. I never refused a callout during the 30 years I was a lineman, and never minded helping out when I got the job I have now. It was nice to have some play money, but that's gone now.

The same thing is happening in the UK. Megalomaniacs buying up lots of companies and milking them for every penny they can at the expense of moral, training and wages.

It's like the UK and USA are headed back to the Victorian era.

Unfortunately the Megalomaniac club is deeply entrenched in government and even seems to control the military.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Blog Entries

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    The same thing is happening in the UK. Megalomaniacs buying up lots of companies and milking them for every penny they can at the expense of moral, training and wages.

It's like the UK and USA are headed back to the Victorian era.

Unfortunately the Megalomaniac club is deeply entrenched in government and even seems to control the military.
    100% right Clive, back to the days of the Robber Barron’s......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt